How can I show that I have hips without wearing skin tight clothes?

I am skinny and petite, but I do have hips and some curve. The problem is regular clothes cover them up. You can only tell I have them in skin tight or revealing clothes. What work appropriate clothes can I wear to show off my shape?

Most Helpful Girl

• Am I the only one who thinks wearing clothes that have the purpose of making you appear curvy when you're not look silly/misshaped on girls who already are? I'm talking about clothes that are rouched/gathered/scrunched at the waist - on me it makes me look LESS curvy lol. Also things that flow off the hip look ridiculous on me... okay gone too far, I forgot about body shape lol. What shape are you? Those things don't work on me because I'm an hourglass. So far the only things that do flatter my body type are skin tight clothes.. I am also looking for a different option but I can't find one that looks good and doesn't detract from my shape. Okay back to it, you said you had hips, guessing curvy hips so still, I still think that flowy things make it look too big? :S Just go with 'fitted'? but not like stretchy shiny material? Skirts that end just above the knee? Simple blouse - don't really think it matters too much on the cut and a nice taylored jacket/blazer.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• -Wear a dress with a belt around the mid section.

-Also even try to wear an A skirt (which gives the illusion of curves or hips)

• The best way - if avoiding skintight, is to sinch in at the waist - that way you'll go out from there. Even if you don't have curves it creates the illusion of them, so if you do - it'll work wonders for showing the off.

• Stuff that is fitted at the waist and bust, but flares out at the hips.

E.g. link link

Otherwise fitted jeans, etc with cute tops.

• well with dresses try something that's fitting on the top and flares out.