Chest hair.... Should I shave it?

OK so I'm in a bad predicament right now. My chest hair is starting to come in and I'm 18. The hair is black, but it's thin and gross looking. It's not like the manly chest hair that you get when you're fully mature. I know people are going to criticize me that it's gay, but seriously I don't think my chest is ready to have hair on it. I want to have chest hair, but not when it's like this. Mine just looks kind of scrappy looking. I'm wondering if I should shave it until the hair fully matures and I have the ability of growing a manly hairy chest. by the way I have one more question. Because my chest hair is growing in, does that mean I'm close to being done with puberty? Harriness kind of runs in my family and my dad said he didn't stop growing until a couple of years in to college.

I don't think anyone is reading my whole question. I wouldn't want to shave my chest hair if my chest hair looked mature, but it looks scrappy and it has thin hair. That's why I want to shave it now.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should leave it. Its going to fill out more. If you shave it then chances are it'll have to go through this stage again anyways in order for it to grow completely. Girls don't really pay attention to the color/thickness of chest hair, nor do we care.

What Girls Said 5

• link shave this!

...but seriously just let it be

• Chest hair can be really attractive on a guy, I think you should keep it!

• I agree that you should keep it but a lot of men in Norway shave or wax their chests- in Sweden too. But as long as in the end you aren't ape hairy most women will dig some chest hair

• keep it see if it fills in more?

• maybe chest hair is a regional based prefference, but I can't stand it and nor do most of the girls my age (20) that I know of. we think it went out of style somewhere around the mid 80's. Shaving may or may not be the best thing though... waxing is usually safer choice. or trimming would be fine if it isn't all stubbly looking. I like to run my hands all over a man chest and not get hung up on pokey little hairs.

What Guys Said 3

• Let time take care of this. How often does anyone but you see it anyway?

• Shaving is too far; if it starts to grow unevenly just trim it to get it even and symmetrical.

• Just do it for now. Later you'll figure out if you want it.