What is your opinion on mermaid style prom dresses?

You knoww, the kind that are very form-fitting, but flare out at the bottom. I'm not really into the ones that flare waay out at the bottom, but I kind of like the subtle ones like the example...

Example: link

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I think that dresses with that have a consistent outward angle from the waist are the best for a prom environment, but it's been a long time since I went to prom.

What Guys Said 2

• might be a bit much, dress and money wise, don't ya think?

id go with something relatively simple, that's what my date did, and she still pulled it off

• i like it its a bit different and I think it will look good with your figure.

What Girls Said 2

• I like them but the picture you posted really wasn't as mermaidy as I was thinking.

• That really isn't what I would call a mermaid dress... But I personally think they are more for pageants.

• Oh I know, I don't want one that's like EXTREMEEEE lol. I just like it subtle. I wouldn't know what else to call it.