Why am I attracted to much older men?

I think there is something wrong with me. I am 17 but will be turning 18 in a couple of months. I find myself being attracted to much older men like 25-40. They aren't even particularly attractive, but they are often funny and smart. Like I had a weird crush on one of my professors and he was like at least 45+. He was even a little fat...but so funny. I feel like a freak.

What is wrong with me?

What Guys Said 1

• There is nothing wrong with you. Please stop thinking like that.

Did you grow up an only child? As you grew up were you around adults more than children closer to your age?

Was your father in your life and if so what was he like? Did he ignore you?

You see there can be a lot of reasons that a younger woman would gravitate to older men. And once you are past 18 there is not one darned thing wrong with it either. Oh you will find some old biddies and coots that will look down their noses at you but the only REAL thing that matters is whether you are happy with yourself or not.

What Girls Said 1

• the only thing I can think is that you probably have a kind of respect for them. it might not be a crush like you think. just an in awe sort of thing. like wow they are so ... whatever it is you see in them. but what do I know maybe you really do feel for them that way. but when I thought I had a crush on an older guy I thought about it more and I just really admired him. its a different kind of crush. I don't think anythings wrong with you. it just happens.