What do girls wear to swim laps?

I wanted to wear one of those bathing suit skirts with a bathing suit top but is that ok? Do most girls wear a one piece? Would it look silly to wear the skirt?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends how serious you are about swimming. I've swum my whole life and I still do so I know that Speedo Endurance suits are what works for me. If you're likely to swim often and you don't want your suit to get ruined quickly, they're the best for that. They're pricy ($80 ish) but indestructible and they keep their shape great (they don't stretch out much if not at all). Mine is all black with pink lining. If you purchase a speedo suit, definitely go one if not TWO sizes up accordingly to your size in the chart. Speedo suits are made really small and Endurance suits don't stretch out at all, so definitely don't pick your true size.

If you swim really slow and you're more into swimming to put on a show, then you can wear whatever cheap-o one piece you think looks the cutest. Sporti makes really cheap but really cute ones but these won't last. If you want to own multiples, they're probably your best option.

If you want mid-range (rather good quality but cute designs), I'd suggest Tyr suits. They look great and they have way more styles than Speedo but they aren't that much cheaper and they don't last near as long. If I didn't care about my suit lasting a long time, I'd definitely pick out a colorful Tyr suit with really thin straps and an open back (diamond style).

As for two pieces, if you really want one and you're really in to swim laps, I'd definitely go for those specifically designed for that. They offer the support you need, as opposed to regular bikinis that won't hold anything (you'll flash everybody if you wear one of those, trust me!). Speedo makes some but I've read they are made really tiny, so keep that in mind.

What Guys Said 3

• As long as you're not swimming competitively, wear whatever you want.

As for whether or not a skirt would look silly, that ~really~ depends on the skirt. I've seen some that look cute and sexy, and others that look ridiculous.

• one pieces are cute, but forget the skirt. Stay away from the skirt.

• I respect you for what you are looking for. If you are conscious, get the one that covers the legs at least half way. Actually, skirt could look very cute but I wonder if it will be a friction in swimming laps.

• Yes I guess it would unfortunately...I'm not a competitive swimmer by any means but I guess it wouldn't hurt to go about it the standard way...thanks Ash! =)

• You will always be most welcome.

What Girls Said 3

• Deffinately a one-piece. If you don't have one, swim outlet is a great online site to get good suits for a decent price. TYR are the best for lap swim, but if you're not going to be super serious about it than Sporti would work fine, and they're a lot cheaper. Ddon't get Speedo they're overrated and over priced. Nike is OK too if you're not swimming too often. The finals are a good brand as well.

Sorry this is probally too much info :)

• I wear a one piece to swim in, the main issue I could see with one with a skirt is that the skirt could swim around which could be annoying. If you want more coverage maybe consider a one piece that has more leg coverage?

• one piece typically.