Who has had their legs waxed?

Did you get it done professionally or did it yourself? (Can you even do that?.. haha) How much did it cost? And would you recommend it? I've heard that once you do it once it's best to never go back to shaving..

Thanks for the answers :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I did it myself and still do it, I make sugar wax myself which is very cheap. I started with my entire legs but right now I only do my thighs, bikini zone, eyebrows and sometimes underarms. It needs to grow quite long before you can wax and I hated that on the lower part of my legs, couldn't stand it so I went back to epilate with shaving there.

I would def recommend it. If you make it yourself it's way cheaper than a set of razor blades although it can be a bit tricky in some areas and messy. But the good thing about sugar wax is that it's completley water soluble, contrary to veet products, so if you make a mess it's no big deal.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Actually I did it to myself for the first time a few weeks ago (never been waxed). It didn't cost nothing I just made some sugar paste in a pot took about 30 minutes maybe, cut up some old t-shirts, cleaned my skin really good, got some baby powder, and did it. It didn't hurt me at all and I got all the hair off (it wasn't a lot I feel like that's why it didn't hurt so much).

• I used to get it done by a pro for like $60 but it was over a period of once a month. It started to add up so I decided to do it at home. I used veet products that I purchased from my local drug store or even Walmart. I use roll on strips since I have fine hair. I like it & it lasts at most 2 weeks before I see hair again. I would recommend it for people who are lazy to shave every other day.

I'm not sure about the going back to shaving part.

• Myself, maybe $15~ a jar. No, it's just a hassle lol, only do it if you want to hit salt water. :P Shaving is so much quicker and hassle free.

• I have done it myself many times. I don't remember what the kits cost but it's not much. It was extremely painful at first but the more you do it the more you kill the nerves and it stops hurting. I haven't heard that about shaving after but I shaved after and nothing bad happened, you can always go back to shaving if you can't handle the pain. I am warning you now, that it is extremely painful at first but worth it if you keep it up because it won't hurt after a while.