Do you think pale is pretty?

Is pale skin pretty? Do you prefer the look of tanned skin or pale skin? And why?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 16

• I tend to prefer more pale skin. Slightly tan is attractive too, but there is a limit of how much tanning can seem natural. But in the end it's the girl that makes it attractive or not. You definitely pull it off. Some girls can't pull off being pale.

• I prefer pale/lightly tanned girls, and I also like freckles. I just don't like darker toned women, not really sure why.

But as for tanned whites... if it is a darker tan, then it makes me wonder how much sun they are getting and if they are protecting themselves at all, and it just doesn't seem healthy over all.

• Some do, some don't... The pale look has never been attractive to me, but preference is so different from guy to guy. My brothers really like pale girls and I don't seem to like them at all. Some of my friends like them others don't. It's not something that would be a deal killer per se, it's just less physically attractive to me.

• I knew you were going to post this answer.

• I know. I am just saying I knew you were going to post this type of answer. :P

• It's all about the overall look of the girl...your "fair-maiden" skin tone suits your look well, QA. :)

• I dunno, depends. In general I don't care that much. I mean I have often found fairly tanned/darker skinned girls hot, but it was more their personality than appearance anyways. But the same has gone for pale ones.

If you think yourself as pale I don't think you're really that pale from the photos :P seem fine to me.

• It can be very pretty, and I like it depending on how pale they are. If it looks like they have never been outside ever that is bad, but if they are just pale in general it is cute.

• I prefer pale skin, no idea why though.

• either skin tone is nice to look at, to me I don't mind if she's pale as snow or as tan as leather... some have preferences, I'm just not fussy

• Personally yes, it's even a turnon for me. I've liked it for as long as I can remember. And I used to have a thing for girls with dark hair and a pale complexion in middle school. And I still do actually, take Amy Lee for example *gush*

• Pale is what it is. There's pretty girls that are pale and not so pretty girls that are pale.

• Yeah I love pale girls

• I pretty much like any shade of skin..and that certainly includes pale...(:(:

• I like pale women... I also like tanned women. I don't like women who damage their skin tanning because they have naturally fair skin.

• I like pale skin and tanned skin, in general though I prefer pale skin on girls.

• I love pale, I'm not sure why but it's appealing to me haha.

• I like pale better. I don't know why. It's just more pleasing to the eye, I guess. May be biased because I am pale as well.

What Girls Said 6

• Pale is pretty.Dark skin is pretty. Its really all about an individuals preference.This question is not a yes or a no. :) Beauty is subjective.

• I'm pale, and I like my skin tone. I think any skin tone is pretty as long as it's natural though.

• Pale skin is fine some like some don't just like everything else... Can't please everyone.

@ anonymous no need to block me and where's your link?

• I'm quite pale. My boyfriend prefers pale skin so it's all good :)

• I'm pale myself but I hate it. I prefer tanned skin, it looks much healthier and sexier.

• How come I like everything about you...but you don't seem to like any of it?../:/:/:

• **Just a note to you, you're going to get answers on here mainly from guys who like or prefer pale skin, because you've asked "is pale skin pretty?" so the guys that DON'T like it will stay away for fear of downvotes, and the guys that DO like it or don't care will be the ones to answer. Just a heads up there** Anyhow,

I read a study a while ago (about 2 years) in which 63% of men prefer tanned women. I think it was done with photos of the same women pale, and then tan.

Myself, yeah, I do prefer tan. Luckily, my natural skin color is "tan" although I'm white so I keep a healthy glow year round. That's not to say pale can't be attractive, but I find it often looks fatigued or gray. Tan skin looks healthy and glowy, but I've seen girls over do it and they look strange. I think the best way to go is keeping it close to the natural skin tone. It looks awful when super pale girls fry themselves in the sun or have streaky self tan just to look darker. In that case, pale would be better.

• link

"Darker women are seen as more promiscuous"

Well that explains everything :)

• Sorry, I don't click random links. 63% of men prefer a tan, but no one said pale is ugly, so calm down.

• Up vote for you