What does a ring on the right hand ring finger mean?

A girl I like, wears a ring on her right hand ring finger. What does this mean.

Thanks for the answers everyone...it's a promise ring, she has a boyfriend

Most Helpful Girl

• if it looks like a real ring, and doesn't have some design on it like a bird or a heart, maybe its a purity ring. I don't know much about them or if you're supposed to wear them on your right hand... hmm.

but when I wear rings I wear them on my right ring finger. they feel odd on my left hand

• Marriage rings tend to go on the left hand. I doubt you'll get married then. I was just wondering what it meant if it's on the right

• how the f*** does that mean I won't get married?

im doomed to wander the earth alone and husband-less, never to walk down the isle in a white dress because I don't like to wear jewelry on my left hand!

for some reason the ignorance of your comment is making me very angry.

• Just sayin'

What Girls Said 13

• It means she has a ring on her right hand. But seriously, it doesn't mean anything. The left hand is where your marriage ring goes, however, in today's time its pretty common for girls to wear regular rings on that hand too.

• How could it mean something obvious? Nothing is obvious when you think about it

• Seriously. Ask her. But I'm 100% it doesn't mean anything.

• I'm not going to just go out and ask her

• Doesnt mean anything, sh just has a ring on her right finger for any reason, maybe it fits her best there? or maybe she just likes it on that specific finger.

• People sometimes put Promise rings there; Europeans often wear their wedding rings on their right hand; or she simply could like it there... it is her ring-finger afterall, and less suggestive than being on the left.

• Nothing. :) It's just a great place to wear a ring because it can feel awkward on the other fingers/bump into things.

• It means her other fingers are too fat and she wants to wear the ring.

• nothing...she likes wearing rings ha ha that's like the designated finger to put random rings on

• Not according to Russians

• It doesn't mean anything...the left hand is what you need to be worried about.

• Not according to Russians

• in my country, using a ring there, means that person has a boy/girlfriend. ( = official relationship)

• What country is that

• Portugal... a little country in the south of Europe...?

• It doesn't mean anything. That's the finger I wear my high school class ring on.

• Not according to Russians

• Well, you didn't ask what it meant in Russia, just what it meant, so I answered what it meant to me.

• I didn't know it meant marriage in Russia either before what's her name answered

• nothing... that it fits that finger

• Nothing in particular, she just likes it there.

• Well if she's Russian, right hand ring finger means she's married.

• I don't think she's Russian. I kind of hope she is, but not for the sake of your answer..for another reason

• Yeah, I have that fear too =/ sorry couldn't be more of help.

• It's OK

• It fits the best on her right hand ring finger.

What Guys Said 1

• There is a ring in which said girl possesses, that she has decided to wear. Upon her ring finger of right, she does indeed wear it. This is significant of...nothing.

• How do you know this?

• You have to wear a helmet because it's providing your air.

• Not at lower altitudes, and their masks delivery oxygen not their helmets. The air isn't pressurized enough from 25,000ft and up. They had to fly high enough so that they could dive on their target (making them harder to hit and increasing the effect of the impact). But they didn't fly high enough to wear masks all the time since the cockpits aren't pressurized.