My hair is almost down to my ass! lol should I just cut for the summer?

its light brown and straight/a little wavy. if that matters. mom says I should cut it :| its getting to be like annoying long, like a mop and when its gonna be hot its going to be hellll!

Most Helpful Guy

• I love long hair on a girl, but I get what you're saying. My vote is: if you're going to cut it, cut it to the middle of your back. Don't cut off 7 years of growth all at once, or you'll be sorry.

What Guys Said 12

• Honestly? Yeah I think you should. Not for looks of course. Longer hair always looks better. But for practicality's sake yeah, it's definitely worth cutting. Especially in the extreme heat of the summer!

• I actually had hair 16" long once. I tried it just to see what it'd look like.

My job is exposed to outdoor heat and it could get uncomfortable during strenuous activity, but I didn't mind.

But notice the overwhelming trend amongst guys' responses...
    Long hair is capitol H-O-T, "Hawt!"

I finally figured out the perfect reason I could convince a girlfriend/wife to keep her hair long, though: Short hair is low-maintenance, long hair is high-maintenece; I see it as my job to help with high-maintenance chores... like brushing, washing, and even braiding (though I'd have to learn the last part.)

Hey, I may be a pretty darn feisty guy, but I love a good cuddle session, too. And I've yet to meet a woman who didn't love having her hair brushed by some who could actually do it.

• If you are cutting them from fear of summer then you will really have to cut them short. But as for style, in any case, hair below kidney level do not look too good.

• Keep it at around mid back. Brunettes with long hair are really cute as long as you curl it or do something with it.

Here are some girls that rock long brunette hair like champs.

link

link

• You should get it cut but cut it to where you think it's tolerable for you and stop there. Also if you can, donate it too. There are girls out there that would appreciate something like that.

• Don't cut your hair. It sounds hot. Just post pictures.

• I love long hair on girls but if you must cut it perhaps only cut it to about the lower middle of your back?

• only if you feel uncomfortable with it. but I would tell you not to, cause I love long hair, especially when is down to the ass I think that is extremely sexy

• Cut it so it's at your mid back. That or ask your boyfriend what he thinks

• I love long hair on girls, so I suggest not to cut it. Your mom is from another generation and they usually don't understand the diversity of styles of nowadays.

• we like hairy ass girls so just a little

• Personally I like hair longer but keep it manageable still.

What Girls Said 17

• You should donate it! Especially if its that long, you'll still have quite a bit of length but the drastic change is always fun.

• You can always wear it in a ponytail or in a bun so it doesn't get hot. I have really long hair too and I think if I cut it just for summer, I'd regret it in the fall.

• I think you should cut it. I have long hair too and it's always good to get a trim, especially during the summer when it's going to be so hot out. You don't have to cut it short, but maybe get some layers in it to make it lighter for you.

• If you want to keep your length, you could get your hair layered, so it will still be long, but less bulky and heavy. Layered hair can also be more stylish than hair of all one length. You could also wear your hair in a pretty french braid or fish tail for the summer. High ponytails also look great and keep the hair out of the way. But if you really want to cut it, don't go too short. Many of my friends did that and regret it after a while. Mid-back is a perfect length or any other cut that is past the shoulders. Hope this helps.

• I would kill to have long hair! :D It's taking forreverr for my hair to even grow down my back like I want it. I'm on the fence about you cutting it, because yes it will be hot, but two, I'm sure it's really pretty long, and you'll have to wait for it to grow back. But if you do cut it make sure you donate it to a foundation! I heard of one called "Locks of Love". :) Also, you can always cut it down to a shorter length, and not chop it off completely. Like maybe the center of the back almost, instead of it being almost down to your butt! :)

• Long hair is beautiful, but only when it's healthy. A lot of girls have long hair down to their waist or ass & it's unhealthy, scraggly with nothing but dead or split ends. That's not what you want.

Cut off dead/scraggly ends, but only cut it mid back or something. Don't cut it all off at once. When you've had long hair for so long, it can be a drastic change to go from long to short, so try midback that way if you dislike it you'll only be a couple of inches from having it back to where it was but if you love it or decide you want shorter, you'll know.

• I used to have hair that long when I was in middle school but now it almost reaches the middle of my back, which I think is a ood length.

I wouldn't make extreme changes at first or you may regret it. Start with one or 2 inches shorter and if you want it shorter than that go again

• If you don't want it long anymore then sure why not :) You should donate it too :) That would be very nice to someone who can't grow hair or doesn't have any.

• I have long hair almost to my waist :) I would love to have my hair up to my ass ! Lol but for the summer I cut it about an inch or 2 ... It's up to you !

• You should cut it only if you want to.You could always put it in a bun,or you could donate it to LOCKS OF LOVE.

• Long hair is nice, but there comes a point where it needs to be cut! I agree with most of the others, cut it to mid-back.

• I like long hair.. as long as it is healthy and maintained. The look is somewhat refreshing compared to the damn repeats I see all day :-/

• At least cut it a little. I think it is gross when it gets near the butt area, all I can think is "What does she do with it when she goes to the bathroom?!" Not a pleasant thought... But long hair is gorgeous so keep it at least shoulder length:)

• My hair is that long to and I plan on cutting it a bit shorter but nothing to extreme because I enjoy long hair

• I would cut it a little

• Cut some not all sounds pretty

• Imo, that's too damn long. It looks rediculas