Sun Protection For Hair?

I know I probably won't receive much feedback on this boring question. Lol.

But here goes:

I dye my hair "blue black" on a regular basis.

I try to upkeep it by dying it once a month. But usually end up re-dying it about every two months.

So I am looking to prolong my dye job as long as possible.

I am tired of color fade out. . .

Recently, I bleached a section of my hair until it was very white.

So it is weak.

The sun where I live is terrible. You can feel it searing your scalp whenever you go outside.

I am very obsessed with my hair's health.

(Yes, even though I torture it with bleach and dye!)

I use color protection shampoo, wear sunhats or use a parasol when in the sun- just to prevent the inevitable color fade and shield it from the sun's harmful rays.

SO, my question is: Do you use sun protection on your strands? In what form? And, does it work well for you?

Also, if you have any other tips on how to prevent color fade out they would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I have dyed my hair every color in the book. I find the best way to keep it like fresh is to mix a deep conditioner and a tad bit of your hair color dye and lather your hair in it. It's like an upkeep so your color doesn't fade as well as still protecting your hair.

Deep condition your bleached end to avoid snapping. Also, if you feel your hair and scalp is frying in the sun, use a heat protecter (like the one used for straightening)

An important tip to consider is to not over process your hair. Before you know it, your hair will snap and become damaged.

• lusters pink lotion apply a small size amount daily also if you crush up prenatal vitamins and put them into your shampoo it helps your hair grow and be healthier in general!