How come girls can't dress the way the want?

I can't wear what I want without guys seeing me as a piece of meat. I would wear a shirt I like that may be a little tight, and guys would stare out their car window and their heads would turn, it looks like their necks are going to break! I don't even wear anything revealing like short skirts, or low cut tops, but I can't imagine what kind of guys I'd get if I were to chose to wear a skirt on that rare day. :0 Yikes.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're a nice looking girl, you're get looks regardless of what you were, N some guys just don't have the class or maturity to be subtle about it N notice without gawking. I'd say the heck with 'em N wear the tighter clothes you like. You'll be happier!

• Thanks! :) I want to be happy wearing whatever I want... you gave me a good explanation of why some guys stare so much ( the immaturity ). It's something I usually try to ignore but they make it so obvious.

• Yeh, when I 1st worked with N met my BFF, she bent over for something, N a co-worker said, Man, what would you like to do to that ass? She didn't hear him but turned around N it was obvious. She said, What are y'all talking about?! I said, nothing, but later she got me alone N said, I know what it was, N I know it wasn't you. I wanted to kill him! I told him, Don't EVER say stuff like that when the girl's within earshot!

What Guys Said 8

• How come guys can't dress the way they want? If a guy puts on a dress or skirt so he can enjoy a nice breeze down below, women look at him like he is crazy. Both genders are expected to dress and behave in certain ways, to conform with society. This is nothing new.

If you dress to be attractive, then you will attract attention. Both good and bad attention. If women walked around dressed sexy all the time, the guys would get use to it, and it wouldn't be a big deal to them. Then you might be complaining about having to dress sexy all the time, just to keep up with other girls. Besides there is nothing wrong with being looked at like a piece of meat every once in a while. It can do wonders for a persons self esteem.

• look at the bright side, that means you are attractive. and can I ask you this?

why can't I wear RED when I'm in my great-grandfather's bull field?

• Wear what you want it's your body.

• First world problems...

link

• Why do most girls/women look at guys like walking ATM machines?

• Sounds like your the type of girl were it wouldn't matter what you wear you would get attention from guys, I don't really know what you could do about that.

• You're going to get attention no matter what you wear. Different guys=different likings. Get over yourself, you're not that attractive

• By the sound of it, you aren't either.

• Whatever

• ;)

• get over yourself, girls wear all sorts of stuff and go through town without anyone hitting on them, get a boyfriend then you won't have to worry about guys

or better yet move to the middle east, that's where women truly get treated with respect...

What Girls Said 1

• Who cares? that happens to lots of girls and they are ONLY staring its not like they are even talking to you so take it as a compliment, wear what you want and if you actually don't want the attention ignore them it really isn't that hard. Even if the guys start hitting on you if you aren't interested make it clear and get on with your life. What you are "complaining" about happens to my friends and myself a lot and always from guys that are far older than us and we still dress how we want because strangers staring means nothing.

• I wasn't really complaining as you call it, I was simply asking why they behave that way even when I'm decently covered up enough. It happens to be the same guys in some car mechanic place, where some mexican (not being racist as I'm half mexican mysefl) say stuff as I walk to school past that place. So I was just wondering what guys adice on how to handle that situation.