Girls wearing feminine clothes? Like in the 50s?

I love wearing dresses, cardigans and berets. Like the 40s and 50s or like chuck from pushing daisies though I am just 20 and look way younger. I've noticed some people are irritated. And lately people asked my why I would dress like that. Also guys.

Though I get compliments I feel weird when others look at me this way sometimes.

Should I change ? Wear clothes everyone is wearing ? Leggings an modern stuff ?

Is it a turn of to dress the way I do ? Or am I just misinterpreting thing ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wear whatever you feel is right, as long as it looks presentable.

What Guys Said 4

• Your life. Be who you want. Sing your song or you're just singing for another bird.

• You sound like my dream girl. Please don't change, no matter what you wear someone will always have a problem with it. If that's what you like wearing keep wearing it. :)

• How could it be any wrong when a girl is wearing feminine clothes?

Pants for girls is the greatest fashion disaster in the history... although at least the tight ones look good.

When strangers look at you in a weird way totally is not the reason why should you change your style.

• Why would you want to conform? Seems pointless to me...be you!

What Girls Said 2

• Chances are you'd either go for whomever you'd want to be-that would give you a chance to learn to stay as yourself resisting to the whole environment-or you would eventually learn to adapt according to other people's perspectives.

But for most why the hell are those people intervene your own preferences, this is your life duh

• wear what you feel comfortable in. If you want to try a more modern style, mix in pieces that you like in the "50s" style with modern pieces. You probably get looks because its not a popular look, and not many people are wearing it. Just find a guy who's into that look.