Can being pretty with a better body really get you far? I'm just curious...

I'm just curious because I know a charming, amazing, hilarious, sweet chubby girl with an average face and I see prettier girls with better bodies bypass her in terms of advantages all the time.

What's your opinion on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It goes for both genders; people who look more attractive get first dibs with most things.

What Guys Said 3

• Being good-looking can definitely open doors and give you oppertunties that others don't have. BUT, your looks will not SUSTAIN you through most of those oppertunites if that's all you've got. Obviously, if the oppertunity is something specifically to do with your looks (model, Hugh Hefner's "girlfriends", etc.), then maybe, but for most other things, you have to have more than just looks.

It's one of those "life isn't fair" issues that we all love to hate.

• Yep. But here's a quote that sums it up:

"We attract [people] by the qualities we display; we retain them by the qualities we possess."

• I'll put it this way: Wouldn't wanna date her, but that's cause I'm asexual aromantic. Would love to hang out with her, though. She sounds nice.

Most guys are shallow, though. So "pretty" girls get all the attention.

What Girls Said 1

• yes, personality doesn't mean initially mean sh*t unless you have a pretty face or a decent/good body but being attractive will only open the doors it's up to you what you do with it.