Is cologne a bad idea to study with?

I'm studying with a girl I have a major crush on and I plan on asking her out after we finish studying and I was curious should I wear my cologne lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Just don't put too much on.

What Girls Said 7

• Why would it be a bad idea to smell nice?

Just don't make it so strong that it smells like you've been washing in it. Enough for her to get a waft and scoot up closer and be interested.

• If you smell toooo strong of anything.. it's kind of annoying especially if it's not a special event and if she happens not to even like the scent of it,it's worse. If you want to wear it.. I suggest only using it lightly, as in she could smell it when you approach or hug her and not when you're passing by a mile away.

Note that* Sometimes an after shave alone or a the deodorant alone are already strong enough!

• Yes, just don't get carried away with, regardless of when or why you're putting it on.

• Spray one spritz on a cotton ball, then dab it on your collarbone and inside your elbows.

• It is not a bad idea, just don't put a ton of it on.

• yes, do it.

• yes she'll love it but don't put too much on

What Guys Said 3

• Remember that on average female senses are slightly more sharp than the average male's.

Remember that when you put on any scent.

If you can very faintly smell the scent on yourself, then she can faintly smell it.

If you can faintly smell the scent on yourself, then she can moderately smell it.

If you can moderately smell the scent on yourself, then she can strongly smell it.

If you can strongly smell the scent on yourself, then she can very strongly smell it, and that can be a turn-off.

-------------

If it's an average cologne (like Adidas, Curve, etc), usually (with no clothes on so you don't mess them up), all you need is this:

*1 spray to the chest (between the pecs)

*1 spray at the navel

*spray in palm of your hand, apply with your finger, behind your ears, wipe remainder around your neck and wrists

If it's a high-end cologne (Nautica, AquaDiJous, etc), omit the spray to the navel so you don't overpower her with your scent. :)

• I don't think most guys know how to use cologne correctly. The woman should only be able to tell, if she is close enough to give you a hug, or something very close like that.

• i guess the general consensus here is: don't put on too much lol