"Athletic build"...what the hell does that mean, anyways?

Catchy title, isn't it? ;-)

But seriously...to me "athletic build" is becoming as non-definite of a term as the term "curvy".

Athletes, across all sports, are built differently because the sport has different movements and actions the body is adapting, or has adapated, to doing.

An offensive lineman in American football, a sprinter on a track and field team, a bodybuilder, a point guard in basketball, a swimmer, a sumo wrestler, a snowboarder, a dancer, a boxer, and a goalie in lacrosse, ...

...all have different builds cauz each sport is so different, so technically all of them based on the term taken literally are "athletic build", cause their bodies are built to be athletic in a particular sport.

---------------------

So...how do YOU define someone having an "athletic build"?

Feel free to use personal examples if you so choose.

U can even post links as an example of what you consider an athletic build, from someone who you DON'T consider having an athletic build.

Thanks for answering this ? and giving this term some clarity. 8-)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think of a runners body. Why? When I use the term "athletic build" I think of the people who participate in athletics (running, jumping, throwing, and walking), rather than any one who competes in a sport. Lean and toned with well defined muscles. With girls, less curves and a 'straighter' body shape.

Guy: link link

Girl: link link

What Girls Said 3

• Slim/toned to muscular > *look* that comes *with* the *ability* of participating in sport/physical activities.

However I don't view people who weight lift for the purpose of looks/muscles as an "athletic" build.

It's more of an agile thing, things that remind me of running, fast activities... movement. Do you get what I mean?

• Athletic build generally means muscular and lean. Even though a lineman is an athlete, he does not have an athletic build.

• It just means muscular...nothing sloppy. Like curvy means hourglass...nothing sloppy. There's nothing in there about height, so long as the form is pleasing to the eye and the other senses.

What Guys Said 2

• Endurance athletes (triathlon, cyclists, runners etc.) build

Tennis player's build

swimmers build

volleyball players build

link

link

link

link

link

• An Athletic build is basically what's it sounds like a person who has the physical structure of a built/sculpted body.