Is she going to stay short?

My niece is 14 years of age and she is 4'10, her friends are all around 5'5 and she's asking me all the time if she's going to catch up with her friends height. I my self am only 4'11 and I'm 19. Will she grow taller than I did or follow the family genes?

Most Helpful Guy

• Possibly, it's hard to say because she's only 14 but at the same time she is a girl, so her growth may stop sooner. The best thing she can do is get good sleep, exercise, stretch, eat right(include a lot of dark leafy vegetables). Make sure she gets plenty of calcium and vitamin D. Height is mainly genetic but your life style can play a roll in reaching your maximum potential.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think she's going to get much taller, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I actually think girls that short are cute. It can really work for her if she'd let it. Tell her the truth, she might not ever get taller, and even then, not much taller, but be sure she knows that she has nothing to worry about. It can bee a good thing.

What Girls Said 3

• Not sure. She might get to 5ft 0in.

• I highly doubt her catching up with her friend's height. She's probably not going to grow much taller. She might reach 5 feet if she's lucky.

• girls normally stop growing around that age so it's very possible. You need to help teach her that being petite isn't the horrible thing she's making it out to be by being shorter than her peers. I spent YEARS conditioning my daughter to love that she's short (she's only 5') and it wasn't until 13/14 that she really started to accept it as her lot in life and see the positives and now it's not an issue for her at all.