What do guys and parents think about piercings?

i have 16 piercings, both sides of my nose, top and bottom of my bellybutton, tounge, 5 on each ear and one other..but my ear lobes are stretched out to a decent size..and have half of my head shaved...i don't know what I should do if I go to meet my current boyfriends parents, I do not want them thinking I'm trash, I personally enjoy my style and body modifications but I don't know what they will think about my crazy look. should I take out some of my piercings before I go to meet them? I really like this guy but I don't want his parents putting things in his head if they do not like the way I look.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not like your piercings are some secret - I don't understand how a guy would want to be with you and then not like you because of them, unless you got them all WHILE you were dating them.

Depends on the guy.

Depends on the parents too, and how old they are, and their views.

I might be a little younger then his parents (or not) ... but I actually had some body piercings in my younger days, so they don't bother me at all - though I wince a bit at the stretched out ears - not because I hate the look (though its not my favorite) but because that won't bounce back later on.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not really big on piercings, so I'd be bothered by seeing it if I was the parent (or your parent!) -- even though I guess that's a firm of prejudice. But unlike tattoos, can't you remove piercings to suit the occasion? -- just like clothing?

• Not a fan of piercings unless its the ears only. If the parents aren't cool with them, then maybe find a boyfriend whose parents love piercings as a form of expression.

• The amount of piercings you have would be a turn off for me.

• Parents? Who gives a sh*t about parents? btw..I did not when I was your age...I am not turned on by piercings...however...ANYTHING..that can be undone..is not all bad..(:(:(:

• thankyou! well I sometimes care what the parents think...my ex acually broke up with me because his parents said I was trashy cause of all the piercings..how will I know if the guy likes them or not?

• Well..with piercings...can't you just take them out? I mean with tattoos we talking about laser or skin grafts

• yeah I could take the piercings out but you when I do you can see all the holes and that's even more obvious haa...the guy I'm currently seeing likes them but I don't know about his parents

What Girls Said 1

• Just be you :) I'm sure if you let your personality shine through but be polite and respectful, they will look past the piercings and any initial impression they had about the piercings, and you as a person. You could always ask your boyfriend what he feels would be more appropriate, maybe wear some pretty but small barbells in them so they are visible but not over the top and obvious. If he likes you enough, he will reason with his parents if they say anything, and continue to be with you.

• i ended up meeting them and they seemed nice but very quiet...his grandmother seems to like me alot..shes always asking when ill be over again and she talks to me a lot about fun things to do and invites me to events, biker ralleys and bars XD thankyou for the comment I asked him what they thought about me he said he doesn't know cause he tries to avoid them and telling them about his personal life as much as possible..so I'm guessing he doesn't care what they think of me lol