Is the height of a guy really that important to girls?

I'm only about 5 foot 4 but I've never let my height bother me. Most people are taller than me and it's pretty normal to me so really I don't even think about it. I've heard that girls like tall guys cause it makes them feel protected. You don't think a short guy couldn't protect you? Is the height of a guy really that big of a deal?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, I've liked short guys before...But I guess my instinct would be to want to hug them lol like a teddy bear. I don't know why.

But anyways if you're saying would I reject a date just because of a guy's height...no. I used to be picky with heights but I started crushing on a few guys who were short (well, not like dwarfs, just an average height). I guess the guy can just wear hiking boots and that fixes the problem. :p

What Girls Said 11

• Some girls don't mind really. There are a lot of petite women who would find you perfect so now worries.

• Not to me but that's because I'm under 5 feet but I would say that it is to most girls.

• No, I don't find it to be that big of a deal at all.. its just a matter of personality to me:)

height is one of the last things on my list personally! and I'm sure its the same for many other women

• Um...

Hmmm...

It is not suppose to be.

• Nah, it's not such a big deal. I don't have much that I need to be physically protected from, so I'm not really looking for a bodyguard. I think if you're a cool guy and whatnot, girls won't mind the fact that you're short.

• I'm a mighty 5 foot one so, just about any guy is tall to me XD Personally, I like tall guys (my ex is 6 foot 2), but if I met someone shorter, then it's no big deal

• You shouldn't be self conscious about it. I personally believe it is all about the girl, some girls like tall guys, some like them short. Haha:)

• I'm not self conscious about it. In fact, I think it's actually more convenient. I was just curious as to why it seems like girls make such a big deal about the height of a guy. But according to the comments here maybe I was wrong:)

• Some girls don't care about height, but most like a guy to be taller than them.

• as long as he's taller than me.

• Short girls that concern themselves with height are idiots. You just need to find a petite girl. I'm 5'8 so I have to have a taller guy to feel proportionate, but 5'0 girls that would reject a 5'4 guy aren't worth your thoughts.

• id agree. very few girls want a guy who is shorter than them, just as most guys don't want a taller girl. but as long as the guy is taller than the girl, it really shouldn't matter much

• Also I'd add that I always find short guys to be better looking facially than their tall counterparts. Lol random but true. One of the best looking guys I know is also 5'4 ... He actually dates tall models despite his height lol so there you go!

• To some girls, yes.

To others, no.

Not exactly a radical answer, haha.

Let me put it this way: Would you want to be with one of those girls who thinks feeling physically protected by a big strong man is such an important part of the relationship?

What Guys Said 1

• its importamt to guys as well