Corsets outside of the bedroom?

I'm curious about it. I love them, and recently bought one, and do plan on wearing it out and about.

It's underbust, black and silver striped, high quality. Much higher quality than most 'bedroom' ones. I'm not going to change my mind or anything, I'm just wondering what exactly I'm getting into, in terms of reactions.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can definitely wear corsets even on casual dressing. Make sure to choose a corset that doesn’t look like the lingerie type wherein you can pair it with jeans or skirt. I personally love the following corsets as they look contemporary yet have that classic sexiness:

link

link

link

But if you like the look of lingerie corsets having bows and laces, wear them underneath a blazer or crop jacket so it will just have that peek-a-boo sexiness effect

That was someone's answer on Yahoo Answers. I pretty much agree with her

• Yeah. Mine is high quality and I specifically searched for one that doesn't look like it's made to be torn off, haaa. It's nice. Thanks :)

What Guys Said 4

• Corsets are sexy anywhere. My girlfriend sometimes wears one with a pair of jeans when we go out.

• I like them with jeans, yeah. Not too fond of overbust ones, though, so for me, it'd have to be over a top. Thanks :)

• wear it where? like out in public? you'll get a lot of stares and scoffs most likely. I'd be staring

• Definitely in public. I dress...alternatively already (lots of black, lace, ruffles, petticoats, haha), so I'm used to stares. I'm just curious about if it's going to honestly add that much more to what I already get. Thanks :)

• probably not that much in your case then. if you were to plop one on transitioning from typical clothing then it would be more surprising. I'd be staring cause it's cute :p

• Haha. I transitioned from 'normal' preppy clothing into what I wear now...going on four years now. And thank ya, the boyfriend thinks so too :P

• I can only speak for myself, Iong in the 19th century if not before...

• I would think it's cool and I would also think her organs are being killed.

• Hahaha. I would never wear it tight enough that my organs would be in danger :P

• If that's the case then by all means go ahead and wear them out.

What Girls Said 4

• I guess you mean to cover your t*ts and not to go out with just the corset. I think they look really classy especially if you wear them out with a nice jacket or something like that.

• Haha! Definitely. I'm too much of a prude to not cover up. Today I wore it with a little navy dress, knee length, with a long dress jacket and tights. Thanks :)

• They became popular again recently and I see them out but not worn alone, At lot of hot girls I see are wearing heels, pantyhose, skirt, corset, sometimes with a top if it's not at a club. very sexy look.

• I noticed that. I won't wear mine in that way, though. I don't aim to look sexy, I think I'm still too young for that. It's that my style is...goth inspired. Thanks :)

• I like it, but it has to be worn properly. Usually something high-waisted would look great with it. Maybe a jean jacket or something to cover the arms, but if it's too hot, it's not a big deal either. Go for it! (As long as it isn't too racy)

• It's actually really elegant looks, I'd say.

The plan, at least for the first outfit I want to wear it with, is to wear it over a black knee length, three quarter sleeve dress and a black pair of tights. I think it'd kill me to dress racy, haha.

• Ohh I see. It seems like you have a gothic/Victorian style of dressing lol. I think it'd still be nice though, and definitely unique.

• Inspired by it a bit, yupp. Thank you :)

• I love corsets myself, especially those with a style which you can wear it outdoors... the con is, there isn't much shops in my country (they sell the bedroom ones mostly)... :( I can only buy from online shops.

• They're fantastic, aren't they? I bought mine online, which is a pain in the neck, because I was worrying that it wouldn't be as nice of quality as the picture, but it is, so I'm happy. Thanks :)

• I think it's one of the greatest inventions! heheh~ bras are improvised versions frm corsets by the way. I'm also worried about the quality too! R you able to message me the link of the online shop? Hope they do international shipping.

• I believe they do international shipping. Considering they are in India and shipping to Canada was no problem for them, I see no reason why they shouldn't. I'll message you the link, yes :)