For the girls- Would you rather look cute or hot?

For the guys- What do you find more attractive, cute girls or hot girls?

Personally I like cute girls. I've never really even looked twice at a girl that was hot. Cute is just my thing, they are real, down-to-earth girls. And when you add shy to the mix, boy oh boy does that make for a combination.

Most Helpful Guy

• personally I like cute girls.

hot girls seem to always be into 'themselves' more than anything else, and think that no one is good for them. Hot girls also seem to need help to be that tho, example, expensive clothes, lots of make up, expensive hair do etc etc.

cute girls can seem to have a better outlook on their life and can let loose and have more fun and aren't attracted to drama. they can also look good in anything, fancy clothes, jeans and a tshirt or sweats

i've worked in bars for about 4 years now, and this is what I generally see.. I'm not saying that "hot" girls are exactly what I said above.. just the majority haha

What Girls Said 19

• I'd rather be looked upon as just 'cute'. The adjective hot seems purely sexual, while cute seems to describe more than just looks.

• I would rather be cute because I have hot friends and that is all guys see when they look at them. I think people tend to look at hot people only sexually, but cute people are still attractive and you see them more for their personality also. I prefer cute guys too. Hot ones know their hot and that is not usually a good thing.

• I'd rather be/am cute. I'm 5'3" and have a very friendly/bubbly personality, so I've never quite been able to pull off "hot." Cute is more appealing to me anyway though, because it's a more well rounded generalization and takes personality into account.

• I think that being cute is hot. :D Preps are hot. they are self-centered, mostly. I like that I can walk out the door in bball practice pants and a hoodie or tee and still look good. I can wake up and barely have time to grab my stuff and look good. Put on a bit of pencil eye-liner on the way to school to excentuate my eyes and I'm fine. cute girls are the ones that don't really need to try. they can be having a bad hair day and still get compliments. hot girls work to look good. mask of make up, only brand-name clothes, they plan their outfits all the time. I get up, crawl into the light and wonder... 'ehhhhhhhh... whhhyyyy's it soo cooolllddd?' then I start thinking 'hmm, I wonder what I will find to wear.' we are confident. we don't try because, while we DO care about our looks, we are not really bothered by rebellious hair or something. like us for who we are, not looks alone.

• I'd rather be cute

• I would much prefer cute or beautiful, to me those imply looks along with personality. While hot to me is just sort of "Hmm... Boobs... I would have sex with that." I don't mind it too much when my boyfriend calls me hot, because I know its mostly because he thinks that's what girls like to hear. But whenever he calls me hot my thoughts sort of stop and I have to go through the thought process of "He's just trying to complement you...," so as not to get annoyed or anything. I would much prefer cute or beautiful.

• im always being called cute.. its good in a way, but sometimes I wana be known as "hot" haha.. but meh, if a guy likes me, and wants to get to know me for me, then its all good! :D

• sometimes I wish that I was considered "hot" instead of usually just "cute" [at least that's what I'm told] but then I realize that it shouldn't really matter. I don't want a super shallow guy who will only go for "hot" girls anyways.

• Yeah, the reason behind this question was because I've noticed that women prefer to be hot, but take cute as if we mean "not ugly" and as an insult, but here it shows that guys actually PREFER cute over hot. I didn't understand, and still do not, why women think its not a high compliment when would prefer to go after a cute girl than hot girl. It just vexes me. I guess it is just the perception of what the definition of cute and hot are and how it varies between men and women.

• I think because when I think of the word cute I picture kittens and little snoppy dogs and when you think of hot I picture l picture jessica rabbit or something. I think women what to be thought of has hott, but I guess cute isn't bad.

• personally id rather be called cute or beautiful or somthing. every now and then its ok to hear hot and sexy but they feel like detached terms related only to sex. I am personally a 5'9" all legs, about 112lbs ok boobs and acne. sometimes hot is ok but I feel like the guy doesn't care as much if he doesn't mix it up and use things like beautiful and amazing. also having acne if I'm called hot by a random guy somtimes it seems as tho he's making fun of me.(and I have acne due to stress, I wear special makeup and do all I can to reduce it but personal issues lately have led to more of the damned spots) but over all id prefer cute becuase it sounds more like it comes from the heart and hopefully does

• I would rather look HOT. I've been told I'm "cute" and at first I really liked those types of compliments but lately cute just doesn't cut it for me. I'd prefer being hot.

• I'm cute already,id like to try "hot" once haha :)

To be honest,"cute" means friendly and a girl next door type,and "hot" means "gilr next door from the Hefner playboy mantion" :) Well,its my opinion :)

• That's a toughie... I think I'd rather be cute because I hate it when men lust after me.

• i'd prefer to be called cute

• i would want to be cute.but hot in bed.

• I'd probably want to be hot, in a natural way. Like, there is no visible effort eminating from my physique. I'm just hot like I can't help it or something...lol.

But then I would totally want a cute bf!

• cute! (well preferably beautiful ;) )

• I would rather look hot! which I do lol jk

• I would rather look hot. I get cute all the time and nobody seems to really care about that. Guys like me in the little sister type of way or think I am a cute friend but when a hot girl is around I get totally ignored. I would love to know how it feels to be a hot girl

• Cute. Being hot is overrated and it tends to make people assholes.

What Guys Said 7

• Even though I got jacked on my reasoning and my opinion of cute girls by the "best answer," I'm also going to throw in that a lof of "hot" girls are intimidating and too demanding. And from my experience, the cute ones seem to be smarter more often. (Though I do know one girl that could be considered "hot," and she's really smart and really nice too. So she's the exception. But the point is that it doesn't happen often.)

• Meh aogixxer and the update to the question both stole my answer and reasoning. Well done.

• I look cute girls.

• cute. Like smoking hot people are going to be hitting on her all the time and she is going to be more a princess then a gf.

• cute

• I prefer cute girls over hot girls.

• Yay!

[just because I'm much more likely to be called "cute" than "hot"...probably because of my short stature and babyish face.]

• cute, because a hot girl is just a random girl and cute is somebody that you really like, my opinion