Should I be this uptight about a height difference?

I'm tall. 6'5" to be exact. I met this girl online and we have been talking on the phone for about a week. I like her enough to want to meet her and we have plans to do so, but she is 4'11". She thinks my height is "sexy" and likes tall guys. She's a really cool person, I just have never dealt with a height difference of this magnitude, especially in a dating scenario. Is height as big a deal as I'm making of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's going to sound predictable as an answer but if you really like each other that much and it doesn't bother you two, then it really shouldn't matter. It's only an issue if you make it an issue and although it will be a noticeable difference in height, people all over the world go through the same situation so it's not uncommon and doesn't affect anything so just be happy that you've found someone nice!

What Girls Said 6

• That's a pretty extreme height difference, but if you LOVE each other and feel physically comfortable together, who cares about that?

Just don't slouch. Tall guys slouching to be "shorter" or closer to their girls is a pet peeve of mine. (Bad grammar is the other, haha.) It's really unattractive; please promise you'll always stand tall, no matter how petite the shorty beside you happens to be!

• It depends on you, if you can get over it and adjust. Right now I see a lot of really tall guys with 4'11/5'5 girls I think they look adorable.

• I don't think it's a big deal at all. I mean, my parents have a huge height difference between them as well - mom is 5'2" and dad is like 6'6"

• It's understandable, and it's really up to you. It would suck to throw something with potential away because of height, but attraction is important too. Maybe give it a shot and see how it goes? You may realize it's not as big a deal as you thought.

• No lol my baby daddy was 6'4 and I'm 4'10.5

• In this case I think it is a big deal lol

• It might be annoying to readjust how you look at someone because it may be out of your normal range.. at least this is how I felt about a really tall guy once. I kept looking at his neck when I was trying for his face.

What Guys Said 2

• it's better to be on your end of the spectrum than the other side. lots of girls are going to want a guy who is taller than them and it'd be hard for you to find a chick that you aren't taller than haha. she likes your height so that's already good, just be ready to lean down a lot or pick her up for hugs and kisses!

• I had a friend who was 4'11 and she was f***ing her boyfriend every night who was... 6'7