Does everyone dislike being called cute?

Obviously not those who act cute etc. I'm talking about girls who would rather be called pretty and guys, handsome.. or does it not bother you? When someone calls you cute, what do YOU think it means?

Most Helpful Guy

• cute (adj.)

1.inviting cuddling or hugging"a cuddlesome baby" "a cuddly teddybear"

2.obviously contrived to charm"an insufferably precious performance" "a child with intolerably cute mannerisms"

3.attractive especially by means of smallness or prettiness or quaintness"a cute kid with pigtails" "a cute little apartment" "cunning kittens" "a cunning baby"

• That made me like the word more

• I guess that's something you can say to other girls, talking about him. But try to find something else if you want talk to him about how you find him ;)

• :) thanks for a great answer haha

What Guys Said 2

• i used to not like it cause like most guys, it kinda feels like they're saying your cute like in a little boy way. but it doesn't bother me anymore. better than getting nothing or being called ugly right?

• When someone calls me 'cute' I feel it as an insult towards my manliness, but say nothing about it because it was meant to be a compliment... I guess.

But I totally see no reason why girls would dislike that.

• I guess because guys don't really go around telling their friends how 'cute' his girl is lol it's like last to hot, pretty, sexy, beautiful.

Thanks

• you have awesome eyes

• Thanks :p

What Girls Said 3

• I don't really care what I'm being called as long as its good lol but one reason I think guys don't like being called cute is because it makes them seem adorable and more feminine :)

• It's nice being called cute, it's a compliment at the end of the day but it's a bit of a bummer if you like that person. Cute's meaning is like "your a nice girl but I don't fancy you''.

It's also used as a hint to people that your not interested:

"Your really beautiful can we go out?" "Oh thank you, your cute too..." - basically tells the guy its a no to a date lol

• Argh, ikr, but with that logic I find it hard to believe any guy who calls a girl cute means it since I also know some just say it in the absence / making a girl feel better. D:

• I feel like a little sister when a guy tells me I'm cute.