How do I find out if I'm good looking or not?

Because I don't know what I am. No girl has ever told me I am good looking and I'm almost 25. Which means I have never kissed a girl or had sex so yeah. Anyways I'm not sure what I am. Whether good or decent looking or just plain ugly. I've joined dating sites in the past and even rating sites but no girls even message back in dating sites or even rate me on rating sites so I just don't know. And I would post my pics up here to ask girls BUT instead of girls telling me what I am, I know I would just have girls and guys making up of me for doing it instead and call me ugly just for that I'm sure. So yeah, how do I find out whether I'm good looking or not? Or the fact that I've never had a girl interested in me my whole life at mid-20's guarantees that I'm ugly?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a 25 year old female and I'd say you find out your level of attractiveness based on how other people respond to you in person. But if you don't get out much then you may never know. Dating sites in my opinion are over rated and I know this because I've tried them. Any attractive female gets numerous emails ...so many that you can't even read them all.

Anyways, throughout my 25 years of life I always thought I was less than average in the looks department until about a year ago. I became single and I started going out more often and let go of my shyness. I started to see how men (and women) respond to me. Men fall to my feet (realizing it is due to sexual desire) and women are often mean for no reason in particular.

The point is... because I always felt less than attractive I still feel that I'm not that good looking which (I think) keeps me from becoming arrogant. Although some may think I am just from this post but I wanted to give my best answer without giving the cliche "looks don't matter, its from within" because we all know that's a bunch of crap. But I will say online rating and dating IS crap! I received lots of emails on dating sites that I was not interested in and I sent many emails too... every single guy I emailed first NEVER responded. I was confused because when I meet men in person they become attached to my hip within seconds.

When your personality is able to shine through and the way you carry yourself shows.. it makes you more attractive than you are in a picture.

So if you're having a hard time meeting women similar to yourself I'd have to bet that you aren't getting out much and if you do go out then maybe you are visiting the wrong places. You need to join clubs or visit local bars/restaurants that have a crowd like you!

Good luck!

What Girls Said 4

• The easiest way to tell is if you are comfortable with yourself. Almost no woman wants a man who doesn't know themselves unless they want to take advantage you because of that. I've seen men that are attractive and they are so introvert for some reason and the vibe they exude is something that says stay away and women will. Women are bold but they still do subtlety and pay attention to body language. If you act like your unattractive everyone will see that.

You don't need a woman to tell you that you look good its jus something you will feel. You need to know it first then they will. If you want compliments then they will come after that and they may not be blunt how you expect them to be but they will come

• ImmortalMatt?

• Well, put a pic up and then I will tell you that no matter what, you are awesome! :) Every person has sum1 special out there and it just takes longer for some to meet them than others. I am 23 and still been kissed or anything but it doesn't affect my confidence. I (and you) will one day be able to give someone a whole you. For example, a breakfast that has not been eaten yet. I know it sounds crazy but it is true! You are lucky! I know I am. :)

• wow, you have some insecurity issues and it has absolutely nothing to do with whether you are attractive or not. you need to figure out what you think you are and go from there, start hanging out with some buddies ask them for tips, get a makeover, ya know like a haircut or new wardrobe. but always be yourself throughtout the whole thing just because you change your clothes or hair doesn't mean you change your personality.

What Guys Said 6

• If you want to make yourself more attractive to women...wear RED. An online study was done where researchers posted a pick of a guy online for women to rate his attractivness. The next week they posted a pic of the same guy...and the only thing they changed was his shirt color (red). Girls found him over 50% more attractive with the red shirt on.

• Use a website like "hot or not".

• Well, I'll tell you one thing. Posting a question anonymously with no designated profile picture certainly doesn't help.

• pics would help

• Post some pics on Hot or Not ... them girls will rate you =)

• Put a paper bag on your head, and go and talk to girls. If you get easily laid, you were ugly.