Do girls with hourglass bodies really look bad in skinny jeans?

I always liked them more than other jeans but I just came across a site that sad it looks bad on girls with my body type (profile picture).

do you think it's true?

it says it makes your ankles look small and hips wide.

so strange that EVERSY fashion site tells you to avoid skinny/ttiht jeans if you have an hourglass body...
like this:

(5th paragraph)

skalicia.hubpages.com/hub/Fashion-Tips-for-Hourglass-Body-Shape

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• No they look great.

I don't know who cares about ankles that's weird. But having hips look wide isn't a bad thing in my opinion. Form fitting clothing always looks better when you're in shape no matter the body type

• I think that's BS if you ask me. If anything its the other way around. Bigger girls should not wear clothes that fit to tight.

• Honestly the only type of jeans I don't like on a girl period, are the kind that are baggy, or have really big bell bottoms.

• It would be an insult to your hardwork if you didn't wore them

And most magzines are sh*t so ignore them

• Nope not at all. My best female friend has a body almost identical to yours and lemme tell you she definitely looks great in everythang! Most of the time fashion people don't know what the hell they are talking about. Something else to think about, most fashon people don't really have that hourglass look now do they? They don't want you too look even better lol . JUsrt wear what makes you happy girl and you know you can wear anything. We both know you like dresses better though ;P haha

• Believe it or not, to me they're Super SEXY! <3 =D

• Def sexy.

• Girls with hourglass bodies look good in EVERYTHING!

Welcome back by the way.

• i actually think it looks really good :D

• whatever you're wearing in that pic you look amazing

• girls with hour glass figures look good in almost anything, or even better, they look good with nothing on lol just saying

• I wonder how "big" the woman who wrote the article was

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think so, but you have to know how to style it right. Look at Sofia Vergara or Beyonce (not hourglass, but she's still curvy) or Kim K. They all wear skinny jeans really well even though they are hourglass/curvy. And frankly, a lot of those sites are a load of bs.

• No? Maybe I'm biased since I have an hourglass body shape and wear skinny jeans but the only fashion advice I've ever read about jeans and hourglass body shapes is you have to make sure they are fitted in the hip and thigh area and NOT loose around the waist(cause the waist would be smaller)

• Haha yea I always have that problem when I go shoping for jeans. Its often loose around the waist, so I wear belts

• Hourglass? Depends on skinny hourglass or fat hourglasss

• I don't really care about that because I don't know how other cuts of jeans would make me look good. Skinny jeans all the way! ;)

• The danger with jeans on hourglass figures is because of the large bust and making the body look uneven.

Your body looks like it's probably not an hourglass, but a 'pear' or 'banana' shape, because you have a small bust and big hips. I think jeans look best on your type of body.

• Hmm in the tests I always got hourglass. I know I have small boobs but from the front it still goes in at my waist...anyway which kind of jeans do you mean?

• i thought it was hip and waist relation. anyway my waist is smaller than my hips and boobs/shoulders. I don't know about a minimum difference so maybe I'm wrong. I thought it was about the shape of an hourglass but yea..

• Lol, it doesn't really matter. Hardly anyone actually has an hourglass figure, but a lot think they do. Even I'm an inch off.

Anyway, your body is great. I doubt any type of jeans would make it look bad.