Is it really that shallow to like attractive women?

We are programmed that way. Having standards shouldn't be considered shallow.

For men Looks/attraction are a very important factor in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a capitol offense dear sir :P

Kidding. Everyone likes attractive people more. Nothing wrong with it.

What Girls Said 15

• No. Unless that's all you care about.

• No it's not shallow. Everyone likes to have someone attractive. The only time it gets shallow is when you put yourself higher than someone else because of your own opinion of yourself & that person

• It's shallow if you don't hold yourself to the same standards.

• unless he's got money

• What if you do hold yourself to the same standards? ;)

• Then it's not shallow, unless you have no interest beyond the physical in those women you do find physically attractive...that's shallow.

• Having something particular that you're attracted to is not shallow. It's just what you're programmed to prefer. Believing that you deserve something because you have a lot to offer yourself is expected and definitely NOT shallow. Everyone needs to have standards.

What's shallow is when you base decisions on just physical appearances/attraction.. and look no further.

Shallow means that your relationship lacks depth. Looks fade.. what then. That's why you need a special connection.

• Very well said. Looks do fade and then what happens? Agreed

• No, but it is shallow to sh*t on another woman's looks if she doesn't fit your idea of attractive.

There's nothing wrong with liking attractive women, but it becomes wrong when you try to make women feel worthless if you're not attracted to them.

• Dam who does that? Some mean people if people actually do that

• I think some guys do it subconciously when they go out of their way to behave and be really nice to more attractive girls then are just rude, impatient, or act like less attractive girls don't even exist. Or if a guy will bash a less attractive girl.

• Well... everyone's definition for the word 'attractive' is different. What's appealing to you could be unpleasant for me and so on.

P.S: For women looks and attraction are a VERY important factor in a relationship as well! Though we are more forgiving in most cases. :] If a girl is with you even if you are ugly to most.. it's probably because SHE finds you attractive at some level.

• no...but unless you let her looks take over her personality and everything else...then it's shallow.

• Nope I'm sure everyone does that

• No its just what your attracted to

• My thoughts exactly :p

• No, one person attraction maybe to another person not so attractive.

• Brilliance. Agree 100%

• No I do it shamelessly

• It's just kinda funny that it's okay for men to only like attractive women but it's not okay for women to like attractive men and acuse us all of "bitches who only like jerks."

• I see your point. It is a fair one. Can't you all look past the looks though? :P

• Can you?

• To a certain extent yes. Have to have a bit of attraction though.

• For women looks/attraction are very important too. Don't let anyone tell you differently. The ones that try to say that are full of it.

No it doesn't make you shallow, nor does it make women shallow. It makes us human. We are all sexual beings plain and simple.

• Agreed. I think women should think the same way. I have no problem with it. Y'all deserve good looking men too :P

• lol why shouldn't it be shallow? that's not good enough reason - "we are programmed that way." I mean I don't like ugly/unattractive/fat men either but I can't demand that it not be considered shallow just because I feel "programmed that way" you can be "programmed" to be shallow and a variety of other things.

• I think it is a good enough reason. Would you really go out with someone that is unpleasing to the eyes just because they have a great "personality"?

• thats not what you asked though. you asked is it shallow to only like attractive women. then you said your reasoning was that you are programmed that way . the logic presented here is that because you are programmed a certain way, you can't possess certain personality traits, like being shallow. this is false. whether programmed to be a certain way or not, you can possess a variety of personality traits or views. being shallow is a concept that fits under those things that you can be.

• okay fair

• you know women only date men that have looks and are attractive too right? but height, penis size and moeny also influences us so men have to work harder

What Guys Said 4

• Not at all , I think its fair. Attractiveness differs from person to person. Lets say you find Jennifer aniston very hot, while I could say she's meh.

Who wants to date someone they are completely unattracted to? No one wants to unless they are desperate or have a secret agenda up their sleeve.

Women are the same way, they might tell that lie that he doesn't have to be attractive, but in reality, they do. To have standards means to have preferences, we should all have them, it helps paint a picture of what we call perfect in our eyes.

• Ironic. I Jennifer Aniston is one of the most beautiful women in the world to me ahaha

Well said sir

• Depends if you can offer as much as you demand.

• i agree with you

• No, everyone is different with that. A girl you think is a 9 might be a 6 to me.

• I have noticed this to be quite true actually. I have called a girl a 9 and my friends say average at best!

• Most people like someone attractive to them anyway, let's face it you see people before you get to know them, so you judge their looks before their personality.