Do you like braids or twists on black girls?

Braids look like this:

1. link

2. link

3. link

4. link

And twists look like these:

1. link

2. link

3. link

4. link

5. link

Which do you like better?!

• Braids!
  • Twists!

Most Helpful Girl

• they're both awesome but I like braids better

black girls are always pretty!

• correction, beautiful! ha ha gorgeous girls :)

• haha how sweet. considering I'm black, I'll take the compliment lol!

What Guys Said 5

• I think I like braids overall better but I like #3 on the twists the best out of all of them and grrr you had some hotties in those pics. I actually have done my girlfriends and x girlfriends hair before. I am pretty good at doing braids but I like to pull hair for some reason so I usually perm or flat iron my girls hair. I don't like to flat iron as much because even though Ammonium thioglycolate is bad for a black girls hair but if you deep condition it after you can make it soft and somewhat healthy but flat iron makes it look more dry and gives it split ends more. Yes you can add grease to the hair after flat ironing it but honestly guys hate that feeling.

• hahaha I'm surprised you know about all that. cool! I'm reeeally leaning towards the twists though, I just think they're more interesting and not as common.

• :) I love to do hair (and somehow I am not gay hahaha) but I think the 3rd twist is the best hair style out of all of them but overall I liked the braids better.

• I like the braids better but the twists don't look half bad but WOW those were some hot black girls! lol

• I think twists look better, but both

of them looks good, the best pic is

twists number 4 I think.

how come only black girls do that?

at least I haven't seen any other do it.. ^-^

• some white chicks get them but it's more common for black girls, I couldn't tell ya why though

• I think I'd say twists. Though I do have a question for you. How in the hell do you do twists?

• haha it's not very easy. you have to twist 2 pieces of the hair in your hand and then twist them across each other. easier said than done

• they're senegalese twists!

• well hang it all

• Personally, neither. I like straight/wavy hair :P

What Girls Said 15

• I love number 2's braids the most.

The other girls with the twists look like they are trying to past them off has dreadlocks.

But the one I like the most is 1.

• Theyre all really nice and I have no preference on whether braids or twists look better. It depends what you're in the mood for at the time.

• Link 3 of the twists were gorgeous - I've never seen any that long and natural looking.

It's tough to pick, I love them both, but I prefer braids more -

• I think overall braids are nicer, but if every girl's twists could look like twist #3 (looks so good), I'd say twists are better.

• I honestly like the look of twists better. I was actually just thinking about it yesterday & I was watching a video on YouTube & someone commented about the hair & I said to myself "twists look better than braids." I've noticed more people opting for twists(not just black), so I guess they're "in" in a way. I guess because twists are easy for every hair type where as braids are most easily done with textured hair(curly or African American hair).

I vote B

• Twists!

• Twists.

• Box braids are good for the winter as a protective style since they last longer... But to twist go much faster and their just as cute! :)

• I love the twists more especially 2 and 3

• My friends have these and I heonstly like twists more

• Braids - Number 2

Twists - Number 2 and number 4

• Twist but my hair is in braids now...I have no idea how to do twists if I do it it unwinds

• The twist looks amazingly beautiful.

• both

• I think twist and brads are pretty, I prefer the braids though. twist pic #5 is :[

• they look like electrical wires = not so attractive

• very close-minded and ignorant statement. you're excused, though

• i think the QA is too fanatical about black hair, taking critizism too personal because so many users are agreeing with her

• just curious as why you went anonymous with your gentle and kind observation?