What makes somebody physically beautiful?

The concept of beauty to me is very interesting, because although I could tell apart a good looking person from an ugly one, it is hard to describe what that really is specifically. To me there are specific characteristics of an attractive person, that separate them from everybody else and they are usually the ones that are portrayed by models, actors, musicians and celebrities alike.

So when you think on your biggest celebrity crush, what do you see attractive on them?

Most Helpful Girl

• They base it on this " golden ratio " idea, which is how symmetrical / proportioned your facial features are. That's part of it -

And then certain characteristics keep appearing on attractive people;

Like men having the sharp jawline, smaller eyes, lower brow, more harsher looking features opposed to the softer features of a woman.

I had the hardest time when I was learning, how to draw an attractive male figure; they always came out rather feminine looking; all I did was lower the brow line, emphasize the bridge of the nose, and flatten out the eyes - all of a sudden the figures didn't only look masculine - but attractive. It was interesting.

Then with women, there's the more heart / oval shaped face, smaller chin, the brow / bridge / forehead ( from the side,) all flow into each other - not as defined as it is with men; bigger softer eyes, but with a bit of a curve on the ends. Meagan Fox is a good example of having these rounded eyes with a curve that give this " edgy " feminine / attractive / sexy look - Angelina Jolie has the same thing. Make - up artist emphasize this a lot when doing model's / actresses make up. The nose on an attractive woman is usually smaller with less definition of nostrils, the lip size isn't what matters ( though I've notice men prefer them fuller - ) but it's something about the distance of the mouth from the nose, and how the mouth sits on her face and is shaped -

If you look at Meagan Fox and Angelina Jolie - you'll notice that their lips are closer to their noses - now look at Chris Hemsworth, you'll notice that his lips are further away from his nose.

That distance on a female face vs a male face makes a huge difference. I find myself erasing and re - drawing this all the time, to get the shape and position just right - once you get it, it's amazing how much it changes the figure's face.

Well that's all I've really noticed there - body types are a given, as for women having a good hip to waist ratio is universally attractive, and men having a broader muscular build.

As for the face, I definitely agree there are certain characteristics that appear in an attractive / male female face - there are but small differences between them that still makes the person unique looking, but following these rules none the less.

What Girls Said 6

• You know, I was really thinking about that the other day. I think its who they are on the inside that really influences your overall impression on physical beauty. Weird, but true. It's how there face just looks all together. And I love paul wesley, its his sexiness inside and out that's attractive

• Their eyes and hair. The way the eyes are shaped and the hair should compliment their face. Hehe

• Their smile

• Their eyes its what's most important

• Their face and features

• dont have any celeberty crushes...but there is this one girl who I think is beautiful and can't think of any guys...lol

What Guys Said 1

• Symetry and sometimes when someone has similar features as themselves or their parents.