Why do girls prefer going bared legged now a days?

Why not wear pantyhose,tights,stockings,etc. Why bare legged? It seems like girl only cover there legs at work, depending on their job or if it's a formal place.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always wear pantyhose,tights,stockings, leggings and I only go bare legs in summer when it is actually too warm not to. Most girls go bare legs because they find it most comfortable, like how it looks and like the attention it gets them. I don't understand why most girls my age seem to be offended by sheer/ "skin color" pantyhose.

• From what I have read on the panyhose thing it's because it's what there grandmother would wear or wearing skin colored stuff is dumb, why not just go bare legged or they are uncomfortable in some way.

What Girls Said 19

• I'm not one of THOSE girls, and I have pretty nice legs.I enjoy wearing hosiery, they look good,feel great, and give a much more polished look to any outfit,for the most part.Tp each his(or her) own.

• Who are THOSE girls?

• I what I meant was -a girl who doesn't think that she has attractive legs, and feels the need to use hosiery as a means of covering them up. I wear them simply because I like to,that's all.Everbody's different and has their sense of style and what works best for them.

• Why not?

Pantyhose and leggings makes the dress look ugly and if you have nice legs, show it off.. Why hide it behind some stockings?

link - They should of just worn skinny jeans or shorts

link - Wtf?

link - Looks weird..

I don't even own any.. They're not necessary.

• The stuff in the first link is bad, I don't like it when girls were them as pants, it looks bad. The second link would be good but the pattern doesn't really match any thing. I actually think the last link looks sexy.

• So, to you the look works if you can pull it off, but it most cases looks weird or unnecessary.

• Yes, pretty much.

• 80% of the time when I wear a skirt or dress I wear black nylons with it.

When I go out to a club or where ever not just formal places.

• Ho often do you get hit on with those things on?

• There's some hotties from the UK and australia too ;P

• Canadians are pretty great what can I say.

• Why not? It's more comfortable to have bare legs, and tights can sometimes get very itchy, hot and generally uncomfortable.

The only place I wear pantyhose is at clubs. Hands sometimes go up my dress uninvited. It's like a shield for down there lol.

• How's it like a shield?

• Why go to clubs if that happens?

• It doesn't happen all the time.

• Tights can often be itchy and uncomfortable and rip all the time. Between January and April I went through 13 pairs of tights because they kept getting destroyed. And when tights are $35 a pair that gets expensive fast.

• How do they get destroyed that quickly?

• I don't know, just life. They are very thin material so they wear out quickly. They're not meant to be worn that often.

• Nude colored tights reminds me of something that my grandmother would wear on a Sunday morning with a black long skirt and blouse. Seriously? No. I don't think tights are necessary. It takes the fun out of things. A suit is different though, however wearing tights makes it look a lot more professional, but I certainly wouldn't wear tights and a sun dress or tights with a gown. I say it depends on what you have on. Even a club dress, tights will just make it unappealing.

• I always wear tights with skirts, dresses, shorts...

I like them, and I prefer to be covered.

• I have never seen them worn with shorts before.

• Why did you prefered to be covered? Wondering cause most girls don't seem to care about covering there legs at all.

• I've always preferred to stay modest, for one. Second is that I have keratosis pilaris all over my body, and I'm a compulsive picker and if I see that, I pick until I bleed.

• I sometimes wear a floral black lace legging but it barely fits anymore but its getting too hot outside to wear them.ahh west coast

• I usually wear legging...a lot.

I do bare legs...it is only for a special occasion...

• i actually like covering my legs, I have big thighs so I like black tights/thigh highs to cover them up.

I never wear sheer/nude color pantyhose though, they remind me of something my grandma woud wear they seem so old fashioned and if you're just going to wear something the same color as your legs, why not just show your legs instead

• Maybe because in summer it is too hot for pantyhose and stockings, etc.? Isn't that obvious? lol

Also, what's wrong with bare legs? If a girl has nice legs, why would she wanna hide them? :)

• I don't have a problem with bare legs, just curious as to why.

• It's not hot inside with ac. What about spring and fall when it's not hot or cold out, but a normal temperature.

• Like I said, when it's cold outside, girls usually don't go outside with bare legs. Only crazy ones would do so.

And in summer it is HOT, so of course we go barelegged! We'd be crazy not to. I mean, you wouldn't wear anything long under your shorts in summer, right?

• I usually cover them if I forgot to shave

• Is leg hair that noticable?

• Apparently since girls at my school always use to point it out..I use to wear capris so my whole leg wasn't showing but I guess that was even too much..that was middle school and some of high school I don't think guys paid attention or cared

• It's stupid and they are uncomfortable as hell. They fall down or make your legs look like they are a weird color. It's not like legs are offensive or sexualized like they used to be.

• Legs offend me all the time. JK

• Why do you think they are stupid?

• What is the point? They don't make the right color for my legs and there is nothing wrong with showing your legs, at all.

• Because I like getting a nice tan and like to show off my legs. Pantyhose, tights and stockings are itchy.

• What are they made from that they are so itchy?

• The anonymous user at the bottom wanted to tell you this "Btw Jenny, miss selfridge sells awesome stockings, the quality and color range is great and they're so soft and smooth"

• I wear leggings a lot.. but I mean my legs look good.. why cover?

• when I was younger I hated wearing stockings because they were so itchy I don't wear them nowadays because I don't like that constricted feeling

• they're expensive :/ especially since they rip so easily the way they're made now. a "good pair" lasts for two months tops and costs $20-30. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to pointlessly spend money to wear something that is mostly invisible anyway.

• How are they made now?

• sh*tty? lol I don't know :p they're not made to last, that's for sure.

• I like hosiery unlike the other girls that answered and unlike most other girls I care little about what guys think I should wear. It is cuter and more modest if you wear them with a short skirt or dress and they keep you warm in the winter. The only time I wouldn't wear them is when it is hot outside.

• Can you elaborate more on the "unlike most other girls I care little about what guys think I should wear" part?

• I don't get the point.

& if it's 'skin colored' I can't but help think how fake it is. It looks great, guys think it looks great too but it's so great that... I would feel like I'm fooling people and they can only tell if they're close up.

Maybe it's just because I don't give men enough credit to tell the difference between legs and legs with skin colored stockings.

• What about not skin colored stuff?

• Also, in summer, colored ones would look wrong - fashionably wrong. It would look like we messed up the seasons. :p Also skin color stockings aren't always a suitable color and can look quite unnatural on some girls. Why do you like the look?

• I guess it's because it's something I never really see and I like how they look on girls.

What Guys Said 6

• Because they're jaded hussies, that's why. They need a good whipping to straighten out their wanton immorality.

• oh, my! tell me more about how much the world hates my strumpet ways (aka: my natural being)! lol

• ok well then my straightforward answer is that it's probably just more comfortable, when it's warm out. And it is mid-May right.

• It is mid May, but I meant all year round, not just now.

• I say it's great. I've never been a fan of tights or leggings etc.

• Part of a continued trend where 'uncomfortable' women's clothing is being replaced by freedom and the necessity of daily gym visits + waxing.

• It's just either too hot, itchy or they just simply like the look of bare legs.

• I personally would allow my girlfriend to dress however is most comfortable for her. I also find it more sexy to go bare-legged. But yeah, if she's comfortable that way, then let her go bare-legged.

• Ughh If it ain't broken, stop complaining. Bare legs! WOOOO!