Do you think that YOUR aesthetic physique match your overall fitness level?

We've all seen people that perform athletically better than their physique may indicate (I fall into this category)...

...

...and we've seen people that look like they're in good shape but don't perform as well athletically as their appearance is (usually naturally very skinny people fall into this category).

----------------

1) Think VERY critically about how your body looks aesthetically.

2) Now think VERY carefully about your performance doing just about anything involving:

*strength (across all parts of the body)

*flexibility (ability to bend and twist you body without pain)

*lateral quickness (moving from side to side, as well as from various positions of the body)

*overall speed of sprinting/running at "high gear"

*potency of your explosiveness (aka burst of power in a short space)

*pyometric abilities (aka, jumping / hopping ability)

*cardiovascular stamina (how long you can go breathing hard, elevated heart rate and/or sweating without stopping)

*balance of your body in various positions (like throwing a baseball or football)

*reaction speed (quickness of hands and feet as in kicking, catching, dodging/evading, etc)

------------------------------

In essence, when people look at the physique of your body, then look at your athletic performance...

...how well would people usually say that the two "match"?

-------------------------------

Please vote and reply. Thanks for answering. :)

P.S. If I could vote on this poll myself I'd definitely be "A".

• I'm way more fit than my aesthetics show
  • I'm slightly more fit than my aesthetics show
  • My aesthetics perfectly matches my fitness ability
  • I'm slightly less fit than my aesthetics show
  • I'm way less fit than my aesthetics shows

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question. Its true you will see a lot of guys that look like their in great shape but cannot run a mile or have good control/balance of their bodies.

Personally I feel as though I'm in prime condition in terms of strength.

balance and endurance are good. Longest run I've completed was 16 miles more or less. I was not actually unable to go further, that is just the longest distance I have actually measured out.

When I was in high school and a bit lighter my balance was a bit better. When I was 16 I could push out 110 push ups straight and somewhere around 120 sit ups straight in 2 minutes. Now I am at a heavier weight and although I can bench more or press more chest wise I max out at about 70 push ups and 80 to 100 sit ups in 2.

Pull ups around 16 or 18 dead hang.

Flexibility is always improving and since running and swimming more I've noticed it is very important.

Their are still some things I can improve upon. A lot of times I feel like I am sacrificing one thing for another, and its true because you can't have it all. A person who is carrying a lot of muscle on them is not going to be able to run as fast as someone who is lighter. I personally want to have a healthy balance.

What Girls Said 8

• I think for the most part it matches.

I am not the thinnest or in shape looking in the world, and my fitness level is about that- could be better, much better if I pushed it. That's exactly what I plan to do this summer.

I have thick legs and similarly, I am good at strength exercises and not good at flexibility.

• I'm incredibly weak and unhealthy. I can't even tell you how well I can perform physically because I have no desire to ever push myself in that way. I look phenomenally in shape - it's all a sham!

• I've never set foot in a gym. Literally the only times I have been in our school's gym has been for dance practice.

• No, not at all. I work out on almost a daily basis. I do martial arts and yoga heavily, along with weight lifting and cardio. And yet, my body is awful. No muscle definition anywhere and a chubby stomach. It sucks.

• I don't understand how so many girls can look so good when they never work out. The girls on this site, my friends, cousins, sister...and yet I work out daily and look like sh*t.

/rantbitchwhinemoancomplain

• i'm exactly the same, I have an OK body but I have to fight for it everyday. I can run 6km without breaking a sweat, I bike, I run, I walk, I hike...i put in all this effort just to look OK meanwhile the girl I share a desk with at work doesn't even own sneakers and has never been to a gym and is so tiny and toned she looks like she just stepped of the set of a yoga instruction video.

everyone just assumes the body you have is the body you earned, but that is such lies!

• I'm in way better then I thought I was. Had an fitness assessment done recently .I always knew I was very strong & flexible but was amazed by my endurance and stamina .On the stress test I ran way longer then either I or they thought I could heart rate was good recovery very quick . I'm 45 and was told I'm in better shape then a lot of people half my age.

• I think my aesthetics perfectly match my fitness ability if I base my 'fitness' on your descriptions. However, I am very bad at long distance running and any type of sports that involve a ball. (not much hand eye co-ordination, I guess)

• Fit body but physically useless. Ha ha

• im in better shape than i look...

• I think I'm fitter than my body shows.

I have huge legs, but they're incredibly strong, but I'm also strong in my arms. My back is my weak place 'cause I fell off a horse and hurt my spine.

I actually have "hypi-flexy" joints or something like that. My thumb can bend down and touch the inside of my wrist, and sometimes does it backwards to. I can put my foot on my head. My joints are constantly clicking due to loose ligaments.

I have unusually good balance and aim.

I go to the gym and do cycling and running and some weights. I can go for about 20-45minutes of heavy breathing and sweating without stopping.

I wouldn't say I'm fit as a fiddle but considering I'm a UK size 16 (give or take a size depending on where I shop) I don't reflect my ability.

What Guys Said 8

• I am fitter than I probably look. I'm a big guy, but I've always played sports and consider myself fairly athletic.

• I look stronger than I actually am and my cardiovascular stamina is better than my aesthetics show.

• Yes, I look more fit than I actually am. I look athletic but my squat,ohp,and bench press could all be better.

• I'm a lot stronger than I look. I can keep up with juice head looking dudes.

• Honestly it's funny to see how many might be surprised at what I can do. Anyone who underestimates is amusing. Though it's probably not perfect. Much to work on.

• I put B because I look fairly fit, but I'm pretty fast and have excellent lateral movement cause I play tennis. Also my flexibility and balance are good, but I'll admit I'm pretty weak as far as strength is concerned.

• Not really. I've got far more physical strength and stamina then most people anticipate.

• I'm really out of shape. I don't exactly look like a fitness nut or anything, but there's no way my lack of looks can compete with my lack of fitness. I need to get started back at the gym.