Girls, do you straighten your hair often? How long does it take you?

Do you straighten or maybe curl your hair every day or often?

If you have curly hair and you do, how long does it take you to do it? If you do it every day I admire you lol

in my picture I straightened it but that was for prom :S I love it straightened though, cause I admire straight hair

why bother answering my question when you have me blocked?

Most Helpful Girl

• I straighten it for the first two days after washing it. On the third day, the natural oils have smoothed it out, so it just needs straightening to tidy it up a bit.

However, I have started using this intensive conditioner, and now it looks really nice without straightening, so I might not straighten it anymore.

My hair is naturally straight, but used to be frizzy without using heat. But the way I dry my hair with this conditioner, means it's slightly wavy (I wrap it in a towel) and I really like it :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 13

• I have naturally curly/wavy hair, and I usually like to leave it that way. For the most part, I quite like my curls. I think they suit me :-)

The only times that I straighten my hair is when my hair is in need of a cut, and therefore the curls aren't behaving and I need to fix my hair somehow, or for practical reasons. I mean, let's face it, curly hair is very unpredictable.

It takes about an hour (maybe a little less) to straighten my hair, depending if I blow dry it first (which I hate doing) or if I just straighten it from the curls. It straightens really well, it just takes a lot more effort to do.

To be perfectly honest, one reason I like my curly hair, is because it sets me apart a bit from all the other girls my age who straighten their hair. And like I said, I think the curls suit me.

• I used to straighten my hair all the time. But now I just can' be bothered. Its waayyy too much effort. I have really thick and long hair and naturally, its crazy curly/wavy. So to straighten it, it would take 20-30 min to get it straightened decently. LOL..and if I want it really slick and straight then another 10mins of it. Drives me insane. So I stopped and wear my natural hair out everywhere now.. sigh.

• I have wavy hair. I used to straighten it everyday but stopped because I didn't want my hair to get damaged. I'm also very active do it was pointless since I'd finish my workout & my hair was all gangly and sweaty.

It only takes me 15 minutes to my whole head. If I want it pin straight 30 minutes.

• same here^^ normally I'd straighten every other day but since I workout, it gets sweaty and nasty. I'd rather workout and keep my hair curly than not workout and have straight hair

• I straighten my hair like once a month if I feel like it. Today, like most days I wore it styled like this link Takes me 2 hours if I rush and do a horrible job..takes twice as long if I focus and take breaks.

• It takes me about 2-4 hours to straighten, depending on how far my last relaxer has grown out. I have very dense, coarse, curly hair naturally. But even if I just relaxed it, you still have to take your time with it.

I don't straighten it often because I'm lazy & don't feel like spending that much time doing it all by myself when I can never seem to get it pin-straight like the stylists can, anyway.

• I have natural wavy/curly hair and I hate it! I bought a flat iron about 4 years ago, and I straighten my hair as often as possible. It takes me about 10 minutes max. My hair is pretty long too, maybe to the middle of my back. I wish I could do Japanese straightening but it causes too much damage to the hair.

• I know, me too! The initial results are fine, for the first day or so. But after a couple of washes and days, the damage begins to show from the japanese straightening.

• Why don't you try a keratin treatment? It's really expensive at the hairdressers, but I bought one from Amazon for about ?23 including postage, and it is about two treatments.

It lasts for about 3 months. You need sodium sulphate free shampoo though.

• @BellaBella- Actually I looked into that and my friend told me it wouldn't straighten my hair. It would only make it shinier, stronger and very silky.? I'd prefer to get a treatment...have it straight and then go for maintenance appointments.

• Recently once every 3 months. I'm trying to make it grow. I'm on a health journey now. It takes 2 hours.

• My hair is thick and curly so it takes about one hr and 30 minutes to 2 hours. Even when I cut all my hair off to the nape of my neck it still took an hour.

• I don't do it often, since I have naturally straight hair. But it usually only takes around 5-10 minutes. Curling my hair takes a really long time for me though, I find it so difficult and it usually takes about an hour or more :(

• I have curly hair and never straighten it, but when I do it takes three hours. Which is why I never straighten it. lol

• whoa! Why 3 hours? what type of flat iron do you use?

• Chi. I just have really thick and curly hair. I had it professionally done once and it took them four hours.

• I have wavey hair. I straighten it every now and then (2-4 times a month), I used to every day because it felt to short if not. It probably took me 10-15 minutes to straighten it then, maybe a little longer than that now.

• I straighten my hair probably 3/4 of the time. It takes me 10-15 minutes.

• I curl/wave it nearly everyday, 5 mins.