If a person is unattractive, in what ways can they make up for it in a relationship?

Please select one response. this would have to be the most important aspect about a person to you besides looks. If you're a girl, state how males can make up for it and males, vice versa...

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys can easily overcome the ugliness barrier by getting richer than the average.

Women can easily overcome the ugliness barrier by having a very kind and nurturing personality, as well as an insatiable desire in bed.

But you're talking about "in a relationship" already, so I guess it's less important, now the first step has been taken.

What Guys Said 4

• A person who listens to your views and understands your feelings. I have a friend who I don't find drop dead gorgeous or anything but she laughs at anything funny that I tell her. Her sense of humor is so much like mine. I am not making a point about her but about how I compare her to my wife who on the other hand does not even smile at most of the things I say. Makes me feeling ignored or like a fool.

• I may not be the best looking man, but I'll be damned if I am not a good listener, or a great carer.

• i see you're wanting to be a nurse, correct?

• That's right. It's that feeling of caring for people, that's what makes me want to become one, I'ms tarting social care soon, it's going to be very intresting indeed.

• I read the anon answer and don't really want to get into it so much but I am sorry and think that he is making a valid point. When people get married unless it is for money then I don't think that they are thinking that one or the other is ugly. Beauty is only skin deep and they don't think in terms of ugly. My sister is ugly and she married a good looking doctor and she could never cook but she is a beautiful girl inside and I see him saying all the time that she is pretty and I just accept that as him loving her and seeing her that way.

• you say people don't think about ugly people but then you admit that your sister is indeed ugly. its like saying ugliness is a social construct.

• Wow so your opinion is the majority? No wonder that other answered below just quit. Not only do you not read what is typed on the answer you honestly believe that your opinion is fact and not opinion. I can't really help you with all that except to say I feel bad for anybody that you have a discussion with because obviously they have 0 chance of getting their point across. Is it you need the last word to say because if so I will let you say whatever and not comment so you feel victorious.

• actually you guys are the ones who felt the need to correct me in the first place. I'm just defending my argument that was originally attacked by you two. my opinion just seems to be more realistic than what you guys are saying. you keep using statements that can be applied to multiple kinds of people simaltaneously. imo that statement is useful when only describing to simiarly attractive people such as 2 models. not an obese person and a model. you guys just throw around that statemtn 2 easily.

• Sorry but I rarely say this but your question sucks. Why would someone even be with the other person if they were so "ugly" to the other person.

• it actualy happens all the time. take hugh hefner for instance. he's a disgustng old man simaltaneously dating multiple hot blond chicks. the only way he can do that is by all the money he has. that's how he makes up for is lack of good lacks and all around disgustingness. another example, if you're married to a girl whose not very goodlooking, maybe she's a really good cook and makes up for it that way.

• "Who cares if you hate men" wtf. when did I say that? your sh*t is getting out of control.

• You obviously hate someone because if you are this stubborn and know you are wrong then you would just shut your trap.. I have been wrong and just accepted it. Is being wrong a sin for you?

What Girls Said 3

• Money is NOT a quality, it's an asset. If you have that asset it will help, depending on the person.

• assets are a result of how well of a survivalist you are. so yea it can indicate a person's personality or intelligence. there's a reason doctors are paid so well. its because of who they are and what they are.

• money isn't a quality. its a possesion. even if you lost all your money you still possess your qualities

• true, but money also doesn't fall out of the sky. you have to gain it somehow through innate qualities. money is like a symptom or result of qualties that already exist.

• by having a good personality - caring, funny, honest, good listener, affectionate & sweet,etc...

and as far as physical appearance goes there are ways to fix yourself uo: get a good haircut, shower, dress nice and maintain and take care of yourself (guys), and for girls there's make-up and trendy clothes, highlighting your hair, doing your nails, etc...

But in the end a good personality is what counts