Within a healthy BMI range and still have too much weight for your frame?

Is it possible to be within a healthy BMI range but still have too much weight for your frame?

I'm 5'8" and 135lbs which would land me right in the middle of the healthy range according to BMI. I know I'm healthy but I feel like this is too much weight for my frame. It's hard to explain but my frame looks like it's meant to carry less weight. My thighs rub together like a fat person.

Any opinions or advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Waist measure is a better indication of fat then BMI.

• I have a 25 inch waist, but I don't carry fat there.

What Guys Said 4

• BMI has limits as a tool. It does not really help you with body fat measurements. You should get a body fat measurement to determine if weight loss is really required.

• If you don't feel comfortable in your own skin then it's possible you aren't fitting the mold they're suggesting for you. Start jogging more often and get some cardio and you might start to feel better.

• Bmi isn't so accurate bec it doesn't take into account your body fat percentage. Someone who really strong will be overweight, and someone who has very little muscle can be healthy even thiugh theyre slighty fat. The best way is to check your fat percentage

• How do I check it?

• You can buy a machine or you can buy this piece that's cheaper and you do I buy hand. You'll have to look on line for instructions how to use bec I can't explain it, you need to see. You can buy it at any sporting store

• BMI is an awful indicator of health. You can definitely be fat and have a regular BMI.

What Girls Said 3

• Okay BMI is not the best indicator, but all the other commenters are ignoring the fact that you are totally small and healthy for your height rgardless. I'm 5'8 and 140... I want to be 130 so I get what you're saying but I also know that being 140 isn't horrible... I'm just not Victoria Secret sized. I run about 20+ miles a week now and I'm just trying to get leaner. You could try that.

• The BMI is crap, it doesn't take muscle mass into account at all. the real judgement of how healthy you are is your body fat percentage.

• yeep, BMI can be pretty shonking :P go by what you think moreso than what BMI tells ya.