Facial hair

Girls, how do you feel about the following:

1. five o'clock shadow/stubble

2. a goatee

3.a mustache

4.length of facial hair: should it be trimmed very short (like 4 or 5 days growth?)

A quarter inch?

Or an inch?

Does the guys age matter?

wow, there doesn't seem to be any consensus here.

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't really like moustaches or heavy facial hair. 1 cm or less. 5 o' clock shadow is kinda cute. it is nice to know that you're old enough to grow facial hair though...

What Girls Said 10

• It depends on the guy. For some reason, some guys can pull of certain looks. Some guys look better with five o'clock shadow than being clean. It doesn't matter with the age, if he's attractive with what he's got it's fine. Though for some reason five o'clock shadow/stubble is always attractive.

• My prefference is a few days growth.I'm not sure I've ever considered age when looking at a guys facial hair.

• Well, guys get hairier all through life. and of course we get greyer. I realize you probably don't look at guys my age as prospective mates, but what looks good on an older guy? bare skin? a little bit of greying stubble? Or a full blown moustache/goatee?

• I think I still prefer a little bit of stubble. I'm generally not into bare faces on guys.

• 1. no thank you.

2. no thank you.

3. no thank you.

4. as short as possible.

but that's just my personal opinion :)

• I hate facial hair in general. Anything at all is a turnoff for me...especially for those guys still in puberty that haven't figured out they need a razor

• Older guys, too?

• Most of the time yes, but there have been some guys who look good with some facial hair...usually some 5 o'clock shadow. I think the facial hair that bothers me the most is mustaches...

• I don't really like facial hair. But it deffinatly depends on the person. some guys look really sexy with a little stubble. but I'm thinking keep it shor.

• I love me a nice 5' o clock on a younger man- late teens through twenties.

A goatee is okay. Not my favorite.

I really don't like moustaches.

I do think it should be trimmed. Age sorta matters.

• Matters how? how should a man my age groom his facial hair differently than a young man?

• I'm just saying that it would be a little more normal to see a 17 year old guy with a 5 o' clock than with a moustache. My boss is like, 45 and has a moustache, but it looks fine. My guy friends my age would not look so great with one.

I don't REALLY care. Just saying.

• Ok, thanks for your input.

• i love either a 5 o'clock shadow or a few days growth on a man but I can't stand moustache's or longer facial hair...i like it just enough to hav that rugged look ;)

• No no no no no any age facial hair is a big no

and mustache's are plain old creepy

• I HEART FIVE O'CLOCK SHADOW. I have no idea why. It just looks good.

• What the shit? Did I just get downed because I like 5 O'clock shadow? Lol

• Only Santa Claus should have facial hair.

The ancient Romans once referred to people who had facial hair as barbarians; from which evolved the word barbar. This ancient civilization believed that facial hair was a sign of a primitive person.

What Guys Said 3

• 0|0
  • girls, when you take music taste and religion into consideration, do you care what the guy does

im a metal person, so I like to have as much facial hair as possible, plus I take Judaism relatively seriously, meaning I'm never allowed to take a single blade to my face, that's why you see hasidic jews with those beards

• what is a five o' clock shadow?

• By the time you are in your 20's, your beard will be growing fast enough that even if you shave in the morning, you can see just the tiniest bit of growth by the end of the day.

• Ooohh so like super tiny hairs..

• Right.