Why is my hair thinning and falling out?

For some reason I am loosing my hair. I have tried everything I know to stop it including asking my doctor about it but nothing is working and no one knows what is wrong. I have always had thin and fine hair but ever since about a year ago I have noticed it being less healthier and getting thinner and falling out. When I noticed that I went to my doctor and she told me to take multivitamins with biotin in them, to drink lots of water, to eat healthy, to not use any heat, to use organic hair products, and to brush it gently. I have done all that and for a while my hair was okay, like it just stopped falling out but it didn't improve. Then about a month ago it started to fall out again. I am kind of getting anxious here because I have no clue what the heck is causing this and my doctor doesn't know either. My blood work is all in order so it's not some kind of nutrient deficiency. Does anyone have some kind of suggestions on how to stop this or why it might be happening? Anything I might have overlooked? By the way, I am only 17 years old and around this age my whole body should be at it's prime so now I am thinking that in the future if this problem is not solved then I am going to be bald...

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you taking the pill?

• No I am not on any birth control or any medication other than my multivitamins and benzaclin for my acne.

• Ok :) High or low thyroid levels can cause that, so can high male hormones, and low iron. I hope you find your solution!

• Okay thank you for your answer. :)

What Guys Said 1

• Did you get your thyroid checked?

What Girls Said 3

• I experienced hair loss too and researched the best vitamins to combat the problem. Then some one told me that a product named Reloxe included all the safe vitamins etc. that stimulated hair growth. I tried it and they were right! Worked in about 3 months. Reloxe Stopped me from having to buy 10 or more different kinds of vitamins per month. LOL

Prenatal vitamins are densely packed with vitamins and nutrients that aid in hair growth as well as skin and overall health.

• Maybe you blow dry it too much

• No, as I mentioned in my question I do not use any heat on it but thank you for trying to help.

• R you on birth control or pregnant