Good idea for a tattoo?

I wanna get the name of my friend who was killed young tattooed on my tummy just below my rib cage. I wanna get it in graffiti style because my friend was into graffiti and when we were little we had a "crew" (which was actually just me and him) lol. I really want to get it to remember him and it represents who he was. It's not something I think I'd regret when I'm older because it's something I want to remember forever and when I'm an old granny with wrinkled skin, I'll still be able to think of the good time I had being friends with him when we were little kids. But then again, there is the fact that I'm still very young and can't predict what I'll think in the future. It's just that a tattoo isn't something I'll forget or lose and it's like he's a part of me forever. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand how you feel, but at the same time, a tattoo of someone else's name, it can cause some problems down the road. Memories fade with time, and as young one's, we think if I do this, then I'll never forget, but you eventually will. Just try to keep things around you to remind you of them. Maybe once you've stopped growing, the tattoo will be a good idea, and maybe on your arm or something. But I wouldn't do under the rib cage...

• You're right. I have pictures of us as little kids and tags that we did on my furniture (mom doesn't like that). I think I will hold off for now and make this decision when I'm older.

• Smart lass. It's always good to keep the memories you have alive as long as you can, and picutres are the best way for now.

What Guys Said 6

• If you want it to last I'd say ankle. It's in a place not many people will notice it so it's more special to you. It's also less likely to get stretched etc.

Personally id say never get a persons name tattooed on you. That kinda thing might be weird for other guys in your future.

• Look,my only advice is this. Think hard about what tattoo you want, make sure you have it down to the specifics, and then wait about 8 months. If you can tell yourself that whole 8 months that this is indeed the exact tattoo you want on your body for the rest of your life without any changes, then you go for it.

Still, as you said, you're young. Hell, you're 16. Wait until you're like 18 in this case. Seriously, I don't want to be condescending, but most people are pretty fickle at 16, some don't stop being fickle until their early 20s. So I really want you to think about it. As you said, it's a part of you forever.

• Ya you're right maybe I should wait until I'm a little older or at least do the 8 months. I have it drawn out but it's probably a good idea to wait a while.

• It's nice you want to honor you friend and a tattoo can last forever, but are you sure it's something you really want. You will always remember him as a person, cherish your memories. There is no reason to get a tattoo, but if you think it's a great way to honor and remember him then go ahead. Just give it a serious thought first about if you really want to do it.

• I think people on here have talked me out of it for now. I will wait until I'm a bit older. Nice answer, you got what I was saying.

• Thanks. If only I have answered sooner I could have got BA, lol.

• you shouldn't tattoo a name on you, or a face.

• I think it is bad to have a guy name tattooed on a girl.

• There is no such animal as a "good tattoo" I hate 'em

What Girls Said 2

• Do you really need your friend's name engraved on your body for the rest of your life to remember him? All you have to do is THINK about him to remember. In my opinion this would be a huge mistake.

• I think the idea is sweet but the idea of a name to me is always a little iffy if I was you I would get and initial or an image that represents him. Also I would wait till you were 18 and then seen how you feel about it.