Tattoo Health Question....

Earlier in the year, I developed folliculitis (infection of the hair follicules) over my legs as a result of shaving. I have sensitive skin anyway so this has left my legs prone to flaring up and going itchy again if I'm not careful, meaning I can't ever actually shave my legs now.

The thing is, I want a tattoo around my ankle and slightly up my calf. But I'm just wondering if the tattoo itself or the process would badly affect my legs. I already have a tattoo on my arm so know I'm not allergic to the inks or anything. I just don't want to get the tattoo if it'll do more harm than good (which would be a real bummer cos I really want this tattoo).

Also, if getting a tattoo is fine then would I need to do something with my leg before the tattoo to get rid of the hair considering they would normally shave the area first? I'm pretty sure that would definitely cause my leg to flare up :P

Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I get folliculitis every now & then but I'm pretty sure that tattoos wouldn't cause it as long as you have an educated, clean artist & you take good care of your tattoo.

• You can use Nair to remove your leg hair, BTW.

• Ok, thanks! :)

• No problem :)