Where do you wear dresses?

I am definitely not one to wear dresses, I feel way uncomfortable in one and always feel overdressed. I bought one today because my friend pressured me into getting one (I own one dress), but I have no idea where I would wear it. It's not one of those tight clubbing ones. I would post a picture but it just looks lumpy on camera. It has a high neck and those really loose open sleeves (but they aren't short sleeves at all). Mid thigh-ish. It's cute, but I don't know where in the world where I would feel comfortable wearing it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really do dresses myself. I posted on fb that I was wearing a dress once and everyone was so shocked! They asked for pictures, I took the dress off, took a picture of the dress, then put it back on. When I wear dresses I feel like a drag queen lol. I always end up hiking them up shorter and putting leggings underneath.. or throwing on some pants. I have a coat-dress and three other dresses. One I wear, one I stare at, the other I pretend isn't there.

What Guys Said 2

• Why do you feel so uncomfortable wearing them?

• I'm not sure, they're so out of the norm for me. I guess it's me not wanting to look like I'm trying to hard.

• I guess I'm a tom boy. I like tshirts and video games, but I still wear makeup. I'm not like on of those butch tomboys I guess. Not really one to try hard for guys, so I don't know even why I would care.

• Well you can either stick with what you wear or try to wear the dress and see how you like it, it's up to you. Hopefully it didn't cost a lot if you decide not to wear it.

• Just at home when I'm alone, I also wear pantyhose and heels

• But then its only yourself who sees it. That kind of sucks ;P

• I heard craigslist is good.

• Hummm I might have to check it out thanks;)

What Girls Said 4

• Yours sounds like it'd be good at a club, or a pub, lounge, restaurant.

I do wear dresses. I didn't used to much. They're more casual. Try looking for those. You should feel more comfortable. I wore this simple blue one with a black ribbon I added at the waist. To walk my dog. Wasn't the best outfit for it, but I felt like wearing a dress and it was a warm day. Going out with friends. Its fun to dress up sometimes. Not all dresses can make you feel overdressed. But, if you're not up for them, then its okay.

• well I get my dresses from ROSS,khols,and burlingtin coat factory and they are really cute! I wear them to church and parties for ex: graduations. it matters what type of dress you got for ex: I got a short dress and it has flowers on the bottom and its puffy, on the tops it is tight and has a mathcing color I could wear to a picnic or day time party birthday party or anything day time. also if I had a tight dress I could wear that to a night birthday party or club. something knee high and clean I could wear that to church GET IT!

• I never wear dresses either. Maybe once a year, and it's usually to the beach.

• I absolutely love dresses! Specially in summer, I wear them always no matter where I'm going, I have different dresses for different events, depending on the dress it can look cute or it can look hot, also depends on the shoes and complements you wear it with, and I can't really picture the dress you are describing but just try it on with different shoes and complements, maybe you could also try it with a light jacket, a dress changes a lot depending on how you wear it, I think dresses are awesome and we are luckier than guys because we can wear them :P so I encourage you to buy more lol, and good luck with this one! :)