What do you think of people who get tattoos?

I personally cannot stand tattoos but I seem to be in an increasing minority. What's your take on tattoos and the people who get them?

• Cool / Very cool
  • It's fine, I guess / depends on the tattoo
  • I have some reservations but it's not a deal-breaker
  • I think they're abject idiots
  • I wouldn't think to judge them solely on the basis of having a tattoo

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm glad to find someone else who agrees with me! Like you said, disliking tattoos is a very minor opinion. It's like everyone is obsessed with putting ink in their skin these days. I find it repulsive and wouldn't want to date anyone with such a voluntary atrocity on their body, but it's seemingly impossible to find anyone without those stupid 'tramp stamps'.

What Girls Said 25

• depends on what it is because if someone decides to engrave their partners name onto their skin only to break up two months later, then that's stupid..tramp stamps are stupid..a quote to which they live by everyday or a design that holds personal value to the person is all right by me I don't mind. >.> personally I would never get one because it looks painful.

• I have a few, I got them for personal reasons and to be part of my life, to show my experiences, to remember and tell stories. I like them, a lot, I think it's a beautiful art form however I dislike it when people just get them for no apparent meaning.

• I love how people are repulsed by people who have tats. like if you met someone and really lked them and then found out they had a ton of tats you'd just be "repulsed" by them regardless of their personality? I have 10 tats and it doesn't make a bad person, and quite frankly I don't think I look repulsive either. its your skin and I find tattoos extremely artistic and expressive. I may not like other peoples tattoos but hey I don't have to walk around with it.

• If you don't understand why I'm repulsed that you probably never will, so I won't bother trying to explain.

• and I really don't care to know.

• I don't really care but if it a facial tattoo then I think eeek.

• I really like tattoos. But some people get the stupidest stuff tattooed on them and it makes me want to shake my head. Like people who get their boyfriend/girlfriend's name tattooed on them or sloppy tattoos done by your friend in his basement lol.

• I don't mind tattoos. Always wanted one for myself.. But I could never find one meaningful enough. I respect those who have one.

• I like tattoos. I have eight.

• i think tattoos can be sexy on men with certain body types, for example, link

i don't find anything trashy about it, unless the guy is an actual douchebag.

• B.

• Good tattoos are awesome imo, bad tattoos aren't.

• Nothing.

I just like tattoos (if theyre good)

• I wouldn't get one, but I don't have a problem with them. I don't like when people get pointless or insignificant tattoos, but it's really not my problem. Also I don't like them on faces. I feel as though it's become an addiction for many.

• as long as they are not full-body tattooed, I don't mind.

• Some people get tatted because they think its cool, but for other people the tattoo has a symbolic meaning in their life...could be life experiences...i wouldn't say I can't stand them, but I mean its their body?

• it seriously depends on the tattoo.

• I don't like tattos but I don't hate on people who have them.

• Love them. I have four.

• I don't have any tattoos, I'll never get one. As far as others, what ever makes them happy. I guess.

• I don't judge them just because hey have tattoos. I have three but you don't see them unless I show them.

• Nothing but I really don't like tattoos and peoples' need/want to express themselves in that way.

• Unnoticeable ones that don't scream "I need attention" are okay.

• I don't have a tattoo, nor will I ever and I don't like them. It seems most guys I date have one on one of their arms it doesn't bother me much since it really does symbolize anything serious, one was a dragon and the other guy it was a tribe type thing its whatever I suppose

• No I don't like tattoos, and I actually find kinda funny that guys totally dislike makeup on girls but they do want to permanently mark their skin and expect everybody to like it.

• I have friends with tattoos and I usually feel like, "Whatever, it's your call." Personally, there isn't anything that I love enough that I'd be willing to have it on my body for the rest of forever.

• I don't like tattoos. I don't think anything of the people with them.

What Guys Said 12

• My father once told me,

"Just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean that you have to."

We need more leaders and less followers. Some people have a hard time accepting that we all change through the years. When you are older and hopefully wiser, those tattoos will only be remnants of someone you used to be. It's funny that when we are young we are willing to do almost anything to be accepted by the people around us.

Quote:

You'll find out as you get older that you care less and less about what other people think of you.

Clint Eastwood

• Personally I'd never get one. I'll be honest my first impression of someone with a few tattoos is going to be negative. I associate tattoos with a certain lifestyle usually that I don't really agree with. That being said I know several people with tattoos and they are really awesome people and don't fall into my stereotype at all.

• I don't mind tattoos as long as they are not covered in them. a general rule I came up with is 3 medium ones or 3-4 small ones. if there's a large one I would say no more than 2 small or one medium one.

I don't have any tattoos but I've been thinking about getting one.

• I have no problems with people who get tattoos but I would never get one. I hate women who are attracted to guys with tattoos. Whoa he has weird stuff drawn on his skin! How attractive! What is that? Really?

• I don't like them at all

• I have one but I'll probably never get another one. It says OK and it's on my p****. When a woman gets me excited it says Oklahoma!

• I wouldn't get one and I'd prefer my girl not to have any either, but if someone wants to get one or more tattoos, I won't judge.

• I hate tattoos, but it wouldn't stop me from dating them, it'd really depend on their personality.

• Eh I don't care,

to me it's no different to a hairstyle

some can look good though

• Chicks with tattoos are so sexy.

• i hate those sleev tattooes. so ugly and usually they mean nothing. I have a small one on my shoulder and I love it. I'm gonna get one soon too. some people ask me why its on the shoulder meaning that no one can see it and it pisses me off like I didn't get it for people to see.

• B. What they choose and how they wear it says things about their personality.