How should I dress when I'm going to look for a job?

how should I dress when I'm going to look for a job? I am planning to go look for a job tomorrow. how should I dress when it is extremely warm out? and how should I try and look?

Most Helpful Girl

• So many people submit applications in a day, that they probably won't even remember you. Usually I end up dressing up when I am called in for an interview.

During your job search wear what makes you feel comfortable just make sure you look tidy. If you want a better chance of getting the job, ask to hand in your application to the manager and give him/her a few words.

What Girls Said 4

• I would try to do a nice top with a nice pair of pants (no jeans and no hoodies). If you can, wear a nice button up shirt and some dressier pants.

I know it's hot out, but going in you might meet the person who will decide whether or not they want to hire you. If you walk in and are wearing a hoodie and ripped jeans, it gives a bad impression.

• Professional but not over the top. I just went out today. I wore a blouse over my low-cut shirt and when I went into the bank I buttoned it up

• business casual...think of h&m clothes! nice shirt with pants and black shoes no jeans sneakers or tshirts hoodies just professional and casual.

• Eepens what type of job but you can't ever go wrong professional..

What Guys Said 4

• When gathering applications you can go casual...When turning in apps look a little better than casual (maybe a polo) because you never know you might be talking to the manager and you want to look at least presentable; I've also had friends who have been interviewed on the spot, but it's not likely to happen...And when you finally do get the interview; I always go with dress shirt, dress pants, dress socks, and dress shoes (I feel like tie is optional because it is only part time I'm assuming, but completely up to you!).

• tuxedo all the way. your there and you mean business.

• Do you actually have to dress up when you go in and ask for an application?

• Slacks with a matching tie and button down and nice dress shoes