Should I dye my hair black?

Ok my hair is naturally dark brown. I have blue eyes with brown hair, not your usual combination, but that's what god gave me ...lol...Its been blonde for a good while and it was just highlights this year but now its kinda a red brown color. I want to dye it black but am not sure it will suit me as I've always had my hair light. Should I go ahead and dye it and hope for the best??

Most Helpful Guy

• Instead of directly answering your question, I'm going to offer a suggestion. Why don't you try some of that temporary dye that washes out after like 2 or 3 showers? Try it over the weekend so you'd have the time to look it over and decide if you liked it.

What Guys Said 1

• Blue eyes with brown hair? Don't ruin that. That's the most beautiful thing you can get.

Once you start dying it black, after a while, you will most likely want to get it out. I don't advise it. I've don't before. Much prefer my dark brown hair.

What Girls Said 5

• Any drastic change in hair color should be taken care of at a salon, not at home. They will put a filler between your current color and your new one so that you don't go orange or green or any other weird color.

I personally would not recommend you go for really BLACK black hair, but maybe a blackish-brown would be a good compromise. Courtney Cox-Arquette is a good example of the very dark brown hair and stunning blue eyes combo. :)

• First off if its still blonde right now, and you want a change I would try a different shade of brown. Brown hair and blue eyes sounds faaaabulous haha. Also, my sister is a hair dresser and her and I would both strongly advise you to NEVER die your hair black!!! Even if it semi-permanent it will never come out. You have to grow it out because its impossible to die over, and if your hair is blonde now and you die it black it will turn orange. Its just an all around lose-lose situation. However, if you still wanna go black you can find the darkest of dark browns that looks like black if you don't know any better. I think a deep-redish brown would be very pretty though. Hope it helps :D

• Yeah I know black never comes out I was gonna get like a really dark brown as you said no its not blonde anymore it was a month ago but now its a redy brown colour :D

• I dyed my hair black over a year ago and I have been trying to get it out for over 5 months.. not that having black hair is bad, I loved it but it is a pain to get out...

• Yeah I know that's why I'm wondering if I should ye it because 2 of my friends have being trying to get black out of there hair for the past year

• NO , DON'T I got the darkest brown hair you can imagine. It's almost pitch black , I got Green/Grey eyes and I get tons of compliments. It makes your eyes stand out better. Darker hair is good only if it suits you if You want a lot of attention that go for it. Only if you want to stand out from the crowd. How about try a Dark brown first? see if that suites you then go for the black, if you want to go darker. It's hard to get black dye out... so BEWARE!

• Your hair sounds beautiful right now! Brown hair + blue eyes = amazing. With red-ish highlights? Oh man. Nice.