Why are some guys against foundation/facial makeup rather than eye makeup?

I personally just don't understand the rationale. Most think the "natural look" is nice, but some guys talk about how disgusting they think foundation/blush/bronzer is, even though it (imo) changes a girl's appearance the least, while again, imo, eye makeup is the most dramatic change a woman can do to her face. Why are guys less bothered by eye makeup than face makeup?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys ARE NOT against makeup so long as it isn't obvious or caked on. I know cake faces who have boyfriends or get a lot of attention from guys. I was once a cakeface and still got attention, although it wasn't obviously caked on but seeing as how I put it on I know all the work that went into it.

It's just getting into semantics and trying to bitch about something. The first clue a guy doesn't know what he's talking about is when he makes a drastic claim that makeup drastically changes a females looks. Don't know what clowns they've been hanging out with and I'm not interesting in knowing.

I'll never be going out with a guy from this site, so it doesn't bother me much.

What Guys Said 3

• I think its in relation to the quantities being used and surface area it is applied on. Foundation is applied to the whole face (well nearly) and even though it changes very little, the overall impression is of trying to hide many things. Eye makeup mostly accenuates features and do not mainly serve to hide imprefections. Hence, even though the effect is greater, maybe it doesn't come off as fake/ inconfident etc. Hope that answers your qn

• I quit wearing makeup completely because everybody said it made me look gay.

• When girls put on foundation/blush/bronzer it just looks unnatural...almost plastic..eye liner is fine because it doesn't really add to that effect...yaknowhatimsayin'?

What Girls Said 9

• Some people overdo it and look like stage actors wearing pancake makeup. Also, foundation is most likely to rub off on their clothes. But if you get a nice, water based moisturizing foundation, it looks pretty natural and gives a nice even skin tone.

• They don't know a thing about make up and I guess they only say they are agaisnt it when they notice it and when you notice the foundation it's because you put it a lot...or maybe it's because it gets on them when you kiss and its hard to get it out from clothes lol...

but yeah I agree with you, natural look requires make up...

• Foundation and bronzer a more commonly not applied well. Nearly every girl knows how to put on some mascara and eyeliner but it's really common to get the wrong tone of foundation or just too put on way too much and when that happens it does look really unnatural.

• I don't like putting foundation on my whole face because it looks fake-too perfect

• in real life no one has flawless even toned skin

• It looks fake like a doll

• I think most guys are more against bright and colorful eyeshadow and lipstick than your foundations and bronzers.

If guys do hate foundation and bronzer more I'm guessing the rationale behind it is that it covers way more surface area than eye makeup would.

Personally I think foundation, concealer, and bronzer is better because they at least look somewhat natural if applied correctly whereas 1.5 inch lashes, purple eyeshadow, and bright red lipstick will never look natural.

• hubby says he doesn't mind makeup as long as it isn't tacky and colorful. I wear foundation, mascara and eyeshadow but on our anniversary I usually get a little dressier and put on red lipstick

• my boyfriend doesn't care