Are tongue piercings attractive?

I really want to get my tongue pierced (because I think they are cute), but people talk so negatively about them.

I want one because of the style...not to give **** ****

so what do you guys think? yay? nay?

if "nay" can you please tell why? or maybe a different piercing to consider?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't find them particularly attractive. There was a time about 20 years ago when they were new and novel and had some attraction for that reason, but there's nothing new in the piercing world anymore, and it's not an especially attractive piercing.

Plus, a lot of people will assume, for right or wrong, that you suck a lot of d!ck if you have a tongue piercing. That's not necessarily true, but that doesn't change how people will think.

The bottom line is that you don't have to poke holes in your body to be unique or attractive. And your personality will get you much farther than any piercing, or anything else about your looks, ever will.

What Guys Said 10

• Wouldn't it be awesome if we lived in a world where everyone wasn't judgmental as f***?

Anyways I like them but if you're not 100% sure about it, I probably wouldn't get one.

• I've the same reaction towards any piercing as towards an amputated limb

• I don't like piercings. Especially in tongue.

Better get a tattoo!

Why I don't like them? Because it's a nail and a piece of metal you've buried in your skin (or tongue) and it just seems gross.. they're uncomfortable, prone to hitch to something and they don't really look that attractive.

• They're far from cute...

• No I don't like them

• No

• only for blowjobs

• I think they look great. And there's a lot of respectable women that have them. My niece is 30, she's married, has 4 kids, is an amazing mother to her kids, and she has a tongue piercing.

• Are they attractive? In a word: NO

• On some people they look cool. but you know people say its for sucking d*** sooo...

If you get one make sure you are not going into the profession of business or anything like that, because that is not going tohelp you get the job

What Girls Said 7

• I think they're kinda cool but I personally wouldn't get one because of the negative sexual connotation. Whether or not you just want it because of the style, it will affect the way people see and treat you. You will get attention from the wrong type of men. However, they're relatively easy to hide and you can get flesh colored rings if you want it to be even less visible.

You can always get your belly button pierced, most guys seem to find that cute and/or sexy.

• I think they look trashy. I'm not against piercings either, I have 12. I'm just not a fan of tongue piercings.

• They don't look cute but kinda give people a bad girl/boy look

• nay, its just not attractive. consider your cartilage, nose, or belly button?

• I heard that the it ruins your teeth after a while.

• There's a sterotype with them and people with them can do tricks

• It looks good on some guys..if that counts