What should I do with my hair?

Im getting a haircut on Friday, and I usually go for the faux hawk because they never get what I want. What I really want is a messy look, but says I'm mature. ( still looks clean, and needs gel.) what do I tell them to do for that kind of style. I would post an example but I can`t. Search ``jimmy fallon on anderson cooper`` on YouTube to see the hairstyle that best describes what I like, but you don't have to.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anderson cooper looks good for his age but I think his hair is more business take me serious look

What Girls Said 3

• Spike gelled hair

• If its non straight you should grow it out

• dye it a darker color and let it grow out a little more

• I've died it dark brown before, and I wish it was my real hair color. Its much longer than what it is in the profile picture. The back of my hair seems really long(almost a mullet) For some reason it grows faster. Do most girls prefer longer hair, and darker or is that just your opinion on what looks better on me.

• my opinion on what looks good on you...just whatever you do go darker

• Ok. Thanks very much

What Guys Said 1

• If you're current picture is fairly recent I would recommend growing it out a little more before styling so you can actually do something with it.

• Its about 4 months old.

• That might do then. I'm really not sure what style you after though, so I'm mostly useless on this question. You could just go into the salon and just tell em what you said right there. When I still cut my hair I ended up doing that a few times. Just walk in and tell them you're unsure of what you want, and you want to consult with someone. They should have some kind of reference books with pictures of various styles and the like as well.