Girls only! What's the difference between a thong and tanga?

I've seen both and really can't tell what the actual difference is so women help me out!

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it's the same thing

• Yeah that's what I think too, but there has to be a difference if they have a different name

What Girls Said 4

• Do you know what a skong is? A thong with a mini skirt attached. Now, you are fully equipped with the bottoms of woman's coverups.

• A thong has the normal amount of fabric for the front, then is thinner or is a string in the back. A tanga has the normal amount of fabric up front and is the same width through to the back

• i think tanga is just spanish for thong? I think...

• Same thing, just that thong is in English and tanga in Spanish.

What Guys Said 2

• So, why can't guys comment on this? Like we wouldn't know the difference? Because realistically tonga is just the Spanish word for thong. But some companies have been using the name for brazilian brief which is very small in the back but not a thong. Though with how little fabric there is it ends up like a thong. Lol.

• According to everyone else it's the same thing