Black haired girls. Brunettes too or no?

Okay so I have naturally jet black hair, some people tell me I'm part of the brunette crowd others say, no brunette are shades of brown, no black colors. so can I consider myself a brunette or no?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• Your hair looks fine. Seek a different path to enlightenment.

• Is there a definitive tag for women with jetblack hair? I've always tried to figure it out because I tend to agree that Brunette just refers to dark brown at best the same way Blond covers light color or Red Head covers red hair. Raven haired maybe? ...but that just sounds like a mouth full to me so for now I just say Brunette until I hear something better.

• Raven haired? I like that but yeah you're right it is a bit of a mouthful.

• Brunette is a French word, it means all dark haired women, from medium brown to the darkest 'jet black.' Actually no hair is really black, just really dark brown.

• I'd say you're a "dark" brunette... usually the kind of girl that catches my eye most, to be honest.

• technically I think brunette is only supposed to describe shades of brown but I think a lot of people lump black into it too. maybe cause black doesn't have a word to go with it, like yellow haired people are called blondes, brown haired people are brunettes, but you wouldn't call black haired people blacks Lol

• Well you're definitely not a blond or a red head so I think brunette would be a clear fit for you :)

What Girls Said 2

• Generally unless specified, black hair is typically considered brunette

I loveeeee black hair! It's so gorgeous and looks amazing. I wish I was a raven-haired gal, although I have brown hair lol

• jet black = black

if your hair is brown = brunette

not quite sure what you're asking