Is tan skin better than pale skin?

I'm a natural redhead and I'm really pale. I can't wear shorts,tank tops, and sometimes t-shirts because I feel too insecure.

Most Helpful Guy

• it is really a preference, its not one or the other. Some people find tan skin more attractive then pale and other find pale to be more attractive.

For me it doesn't really make a difference both can be attractive. Their are way more things important and appealing then a persons skin tone.

Historically, pale skin is deemed more attractive just due to the fact that it indicates they\ person is 'wealthy' because he doesn't hang out around the sun often, therefore he is more likely to hold a white color job, a company executive or a position in an office. link

however a person with tan skin, is more likely to single off that he is a construction worker or some other hard labor related work due to a lot of exposure to sun which therefore causes the skin to be darker.

link

in recent years, tan skin has been considered more attractive because it seems that a person has a lot of money and is vacationing often which causes their skin to be tan. therefore companies started to promoting fake tans. Which gives off that vibe "i just came back from a vacation" and that seems to increase the sexual appeal for humans. link

but we all know that its not true skin tone passes through genetics in most cases.

its the media f***ing with our heads :)

What Guys Said 8

• Well, for one you probably know already that redheads are naturally pale. Personally, I find pale skin more attractive. That's not to say dark skin isn't attractive, I do also find dark skin attractive.There's just something about a girl with pale skin that I find attractive.

• No, pale is better in my opinion. There are guys that prefer it. There are guys that prefer tan but would still find you attractive. Nothing to feel insecure about. :)

• as a male I prefer light skin 10x more than tan

• Now how was that calculated? Did you take in account the air speed variances also?

• I prefer a tan.

• tan is sexier but only if its naturally tan from the sun. hate those fake ass bitches who go to tanning places.

• Some people prefer white white skin some people don't. There is not a better or worse. I prefer a pretty girl so it doesn't matter what color her skin is.

• Natural redhead and pale skin, Yay! My favorite.

• You are totally hot with pale skin...and I LOVE redheads..(:(:(:

What Girls Said 8

• just look healthy. Take care of your skin. However, I know what you mean, because even though I'm not pale, I seldom show my legs, because they are so pale and so sensitive. The embarrassment is stressful too. I'm sure you're beautiful, so get rid of the cliché, and embrace your skin type.

• i don't think you should be insecure! I think all skin colors are beautiful as along as they are natural!

also like many people said..its all a prefrence...some people prefer pale skin while others prefer more color and others like dark. you're beautiful the way you are naturally. there's nothing more awkward than people who change their skin colors whether it be through fake tanning or skin bleaching...neither come off looking right and the person just ends up looking a little strange imo

its the media messing with people. nowadays being tan means that the person has the luxury and the means of tanning so there fore they must be better off.

before pale skin meant that person lived in luxury and did not have to toil in the sun as indicative of those of darker skin.

anyway none of it matters. I have naturally tan skin. in the summer I can get to a brown color and in winter a very light tan color. I don't really care because that's just how I was born. we have every complexion possible in my family: from very dark to really pale and they are all very beautiful.

what I'm trying to say is don't be insecure! the media messes with us too much. be happy with hw you look! wear what you like just remember the sunscreen! :)

• I think that you are the only one that can answer this question, brown skin in general is really beautiful and healthy looking, where I'm from it is the prefered look - whether fake or real (bear in mind that fake is really dangerous...sunbed, too much exposure to the sun = skin cancer). A healthly pink or peach complexion on a caucasian person is attractive too, but pale skin tends to look goshtly or sickly - this does not mean that a person is unhealthy though and that you should change the way you are because of societies perception on beauty, I think you need to just accept who you are and work on building up some confidence. When people see your confidence skin color will be less of an issue.

Don't worry I'm sure your pretty just the way you are.

• Typically, naturally tan skin is preferred(although people on here will say pale is better) but you shouldn't let your skin tone determine whether you wear shorts and tank tops.

An attractive girl is an attractive girl no matter her skin tone. For some, skin tone is a big issue, but people like that are in the minority

• Better to be pale than prematurely wrinkled with skin cancer

• I have porcelain skin, I embrace, and you should too.

• No. One skin color is never better than another. We were all made different and beautiful.

• No, tan is a sign of skin damage.

• Tan CAN be a sign of skin damage. Especially people that use tanning beds or people that work in the dun often. Happens with young people but mostly older people. Some people are naturally tan by the way.

• I know, I just call that their normal skin color without a tan.. if you get what I mean.