Do girls look better with or without make up?

Every guy says girls look better without make up, But all the girls who wear to much make up seen to get all the guys. Why is this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys don't *understand* makeup. What most guys see as 'no makeup' is what most girls see as 'no eyeshadow'. Guys only notice makeup when you apply it liberally and colorfully and then they think that's what all make up is like; however, they do assume most girls are wearing it despite being unable to recognise it in the presence of it, because girls talk about it so much. They get very confused about makeup thusly and think that either someones wearing too much when they notice it and if they don't notice it then it's redundant.

Most people who say girls look better without makeup are just being LOUDMOUTHS and don't know what the hell they're talking about (the rest of them are just repeating what the rest of them say; a condition referred to as 'Latah' in the far east, 'sound' in great britain.)

In general my comment on it is that makeup doesn't make you look better or worst, just changes your aesthetics. As in, clothes don't make you look any better. Some clothes are more flattering than others, but that's a hazard that you consider after putting the clothes on - people are still attractive when naked.

What Guys Said 8

• I prefer without. Light make up doesn't bother me though. I'm the guy that prefers natural hair color in most cases and even minimal tanning over a tanning bed. It may depend on the girl too because certain girls may really benefit more from make up. I've noticed they get a lot of guys too. They maybe be more flirtatious or take more initiative than more natural girls or guys may just prefer the make up. I'd say do whatever makes you feel pretty. If you like a buff guy that hangs out in gym and uses a tanning bed he will more than likely like tons of maintenance on his girl I'd imagine. I think people subconsciously choose their style to attract particular people.

• I think it somewhat depends on your age - in your teens/20's - there is a good chance you have vibrant youthful skin. As you age - it becomes more of a requirement to hide the blemishes that life gives you.

In terms of makeup in general - too much is bad. I am not into someone heavily made up - some lip gloss and maybe light eyeshadow is about all you need. If you go overboard then either you are a)trying to go over the top for dressing up or b)trying to cover up something. At any rate, the basic look is attractive.

Give me a girl with a decent body, jeans, vneck white top, long straight hair and basic to no makeup and I'm hooked.

• I think girls look better without makeup, but they have to have good skin to pull that off. Way too many girls pile on too much makeup and it looks worse than if they didn't have it on in the first place. I think a lot of girls have a complex about their face without makeup, not realizing they look better without it most of the time.

• I am fine with eyebrow pencil & mascara...some girls look good with eye shadow..some don't...not real big on eyeliner but I don't mind some...I don't mind lipstick either...my objections are towards concealer, blush...and particularly foundation and especially bronzer..o.O

• It depends it depends on the the way they look and the way she looks in person and some girls need makeup and some girls just looks natural and just don't need make up but it all depends on the girls look

• They look much better without makeup, it shows there natural beauty.

• Everyone looks better with makeup. If they didn't, then it wouldn't be necessary on movie sets (for both men and women) and Adobe would only be able to sell Photoshop to maybe one tenth of it's current clients.

TOO MUCH MAKEUP is what's bad. Hide the bad, slightly embellish the good, gives a natural look.

• Because the sort of girl who slaps it all over her face, is clearly out to get a guy.

She'll be forward, flirtatious, and not coy, and not shy. That's how you get a guy.

She may not be the best looking girl in the bar, but she won't be going home alone.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends on the girl really.Some of them look nice and natural without make up while some look paler.I also know few who are totally different person when they aren't wearing make up.If she has healthy skin and nice complexion she might look fine without it.

To be honest I have bad skin complexion because my skin is oily so its easy for me to get pimples.I have few black heads and my pores are kinda visible to.So obviously I don't look so good without any make up compare when I wear them.Nevertheless I still dare to step out from my house without it.Even though I know I don't look as good as when I have those make up on.

• you wear foundation on your lips as a preparation for lip gloss, it stays on for like hours longer that way (I actually got that advice on this website), maybe they just like slipped into habit

• They don't wear lip gloss over it that's the thing Haha :)

• Majority of girls I'd say look better with make-up. The only ones I think would look better without is girls who have their foundation caked on.

• It depends on the girl really, I look terrible without it, but some girls look so good without it and don't need it, I'm jealous of them :P