I'm not overweight but I have fat under my chin?

So I am in really good shape, I am pretty buff but not overly so like a body builder. Basically almost no body fat at all, but the skin under my chin likes to hang a little low and it looks like its fat. Is that a normal thing even for people who are not overweight? I'm not really self conscious about it, but just curious if anyone else has this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have that, but it's because I used to be fatter than I am. I've lost a lot of weight, and the worst part is it seems like I can't stop now. I went from wearing size 15 jeans to my 7's being almost too small now!

But yeah, I have a bit of that. It's not as much as my sister, and seeing my family I thought it just ran in the family, but I don't know.

But yeah, it's normal :)

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's normal. It's rare that someone's face is perfectly slim.

If you're really insecure about it, try doing more cardio & drinking even more water (possible water retention), but I can't guarantee results.

• I'm skinny and I have chin fat. I got it from my momma. ;P

I'm not too worried about it.

• mmm yep, that's just genetics for ya... don't really think there's anything else you can do about it besides getting the fat there taken out but let's not go there. :P

It's alright on guys, I don't mind it.

• I have 18% body fat but sometimes it looks like I have a small double chin too. Especially if I am tucking my head in or something. I think it's just part of your body and most people don't really notice stuff like that.

• agree with marty fellow, genetics. there might be some firming exercises on the internet to try out.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, that's genetics, you can't do much about it. Losing a litttle wieght might help, but it sounds like you already are down to minimal body fat. Weight work might tone your neck muscles and help with the double chin slightly. give it a try.

• Yeah I saw some exercises for it but it seems ridiculous haha. I'm not really that self conscious about it anyway, was just wondering if its pretty common.

• Yes, even some top athletes have a little double chin!

• I think you don't carry muscle mass.Your body has more fat percentage than the muscle.Try to gain size and burn fat instead of focusing on weight loss focus on fat loss.Double chin means you have at least 14-15% body fat.