Why girls lie about "no makeup" photos, and guys can you tell?

It's SO ANNOYING when I see a girl post "Me with no makeup" or "Chillin with no makeup" on Facebook when they clearly have some lip gloss, mascara, a little eyeliner, or filled in their eyebrows a bit. They just made it more natural looking.

Seriously, why lie about it? I feel like it's an attention whore's way of saying "Look, I'm so hot without makeup even though I have a bit on!"

Then I see a ton of guys totally believing it. Men, can you even tell if we wear natural makeup? Women can easily deceive you! lol

0|0
4|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I know what you mean, and I don't see why it matters either. Guys in general don't understand makeup. It's entirely possible to do a really nice natural makeup [assuming your techniques are good] and most guys will still think you're not wearing any. I think MOST girls don't do this deceptively, they just do their makeup that way, making no claims one way or another, and guys make assumptions, while other girls can usually tell. Exceptions are the girls you describe, which I don't understand. =P

Most guys view makeup as caked on foundation, bronzed or blushed cheeks, lip color, dark or colorful eye makeup, or any combination of those, because obviously it's noticeable when a girl uses so many products with such a heavy hand in obvious dark or bright or shimmery colors. They don't realize that there's a much more subtle way to do it and look natural, but actually still wear makeup, because they're more or less 'blinded' by the contrast. They say they like the no makeup look, when usually there's still makeup involved, lol. When I want to look natural, I just don't wear makeup, and I feel comfortable that way, I don't mind being seen that way. Or I just wear mascara and chapstick. But when I put on 'real' makeup, it's obvious that I'm wearing makeup. I don't use face makeup, but I tend to make my eyes rather dramatic and employ the use of lots of color and different techniques, not intending to look natural.

No makeup: link

Makeup: link

0|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 1

• I really don't care a whole lot. I can sort of tell, but generally don't pay much attention to it. Sounds like someone's getting their insecurities plucked a little.

4|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 3

• Its true, lol!

I guess what they mean by "no makeup" is they are wearing a lot less than usual.

2|0
    0|0
  • Its pathetic.

1|0
    1|0
  • haha in my class in high school was one girl who always had make up and one day she came to school without it , we were asking her if she is sick , ill because she looks like she is:D and teachers were asking " where is Silvia?" because they didn't recognise her:D

0|0
    2|0