Girls: Do you like my tattoo????

i was just wondering if this a attractive tattoo. this isn't me by the way, just have the same design

link

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm a little dark don't you think? lol

I'm getting tattoos toom but mine are based on places I've been and events I have experienced.

Im in the US NAVY and I was stationed in Okinawa Japan for 2 years, to treasure this I got a tattoo of a japanese koi fish on my right wrist. I'm now stationed onboard the USNS Mercy and summer of 08' we went out to the south pacific. We crossed the International date line and the Ecuador line. I'm planning on getting tattoos to represent those events. if you guys are familiar with sailor tattoos then you know what I mean. For the ecuador we had to do a "crossing the line ceremony" Which was basically a whole bunch of crazy stuff we had to do to prove ourself that we have evolved from a slimmy wog to an almighty shellback, for this I want to get a tattoo of a kick ass looking shellback turtle! ;)

For the international date line crossing sailors are called "Golden Dragons" after crossing that line, and I plan on getting a dragon to represent that. It won't be a generic looking dragon I'm actually going to draw it out and have my friends get involved with it too, I want meaning to my tattoos.

I also plan on getting tattoos of a rooster and a pig either on my calves or on the bottom of my feet, again this is a sailor tradition because it is said that those animals cannot swim very well, so they will seek land ASAP and it is said to bring luck to sailors when out to sea. I also like nautical stars but everyone seems to have these now, I am a sailor and I earned my right to get it but I don't know...

I also want to get a kick ass compass, the kind you see on old maps? (Theyre usually on the top left corner lol) I think they look pretty sick too.

What do you guys think of those tattoo ideas? :P

• Thats awesome. My uncle was just in Okinawa with the Marines. I'm not usually a big fan of tattoos, but I like your ideas.

What Girls Said 26

• I like it. It looks nice, and I agree whole-heartedly with the meaning. I tend to like a darker style of tattoos anyway. Is it exactly the same as the picture, or did you put your own spin on it? I have tons of tattoo ideas and I'm always thinking of new ones. I refuse to have anything I've seen on someone else. I have to make it my own.

• I like it, love the way the skeleton wing starts to go down the shoulder blades.

As long as your happy with it then don't worry about what anyone else thinks!

• it wold be hotter if it was your own original design! but I do like it

• It's kinda scary and dark. Of course you know that, because you picked it. But what does a reaper and an angel and the phrase "without darkness there could never be light" mean to you? I guess if its not significant and its just to look cool, then its dumb to me. But if there is a deeper significance then it might make more sense.

• That is actually one of my favorite sayings. Except its "Without the darkness you could never see the light". But anyways I really like the saying, I just think its a little big and maybe dark?

• it's alright. personally, I really don't like portrait-style tattoos and I prefer them to have unique meaning (i.e. not having the same thing as someone else) but it's not horrible like those god-awful tribal designs or anything.

• i like dark stuff so that design is nice. however I think you should've changed it up a little bit instead of following the design exactly the way it is 100%.

• at first glance, it's scary, but once I read the quote - I love it. I like tattoos on guys anyway, as long as it has significance. don't just have some naked broad across your back - stuff like that irritates me.

• wow I love it, it has a lot of meaning behind it and it looks amazing

just out of curiosity why did you get this - religious?

• Good Quote, it's very large though, I'm not much of a large tattoo girl myself...something small and very meaningful is okay...but other than that...it just seems like it would be killing your natural beauty...

Then again, I'm one of those awkward people who loves art and wouldn't be able to stop rudely staring at and touching your tattoo without your consent... 0_o

• I think it's pretty sweet!

• not bad

• its nice but scary. I hope it has meaning to you and your life...

• I prefer original tattoos. It's nice, but I'd like to see something with a similar idea but different structure.

• Sweet deal, I'm impressed.

• Yes, I find it really cool and attractive. Nice arms too! :)

• Kinda scay, but sexy at the same time...

• its kinda scary but very artistic and cool in a way

• I think its pretty ballin. =)) You have my approval haha.

• Creeepy. In a cool way though. I like how the Reaper's I don't know whatever it is like goes onto that guys back.

• Hell yeah! That is an awesome tattoo!

• i like it.

• I think its a gorgeous tattoo.

Loooove the quote on it.

[:

• Wow that's pretty cool. I like it.

• Its cool

• It's ok. I like the dark style tattoos and like the other chick said at least it's not tribal. I think the white arm is a little, ummm...

What Guys Said 1